SBR Stamp

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Jago668
Posts in topic: 3

SBR Stamp

Post by Jago668 »

My SBR stamp arrived today in the mail. Now to make some copies of it so I can store the stamp. Also time to actually start buying parts. Don't remember the exact date but was submitted in November just before Thanksgiving. So 7 months on a Form 4 Trust.
NRA Benefactor Member

twjones

Re: SBR Stamp

Post by twjones »

I've always wondered if you can have a copy of the stamp with the firearm or if it had to be the original.

Edit: congrats on getting it in the mail. I'm sure the wait was brutal! :) :fire

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Congrats on following the illegal infringement of the second amendment! :smash:

Whatcha building? :cool:

Topic author
Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

My understanding, per the lawyer that did my trust, is that you can use a copy instead of the original. He recommended it, and keeping the original in a safe deposit box, or similar.

Doing a 300 blackout SBR. Just filled out paperwork for a 22lr silencer, and waiting on the silencer for the rifle to get finished so I can start the process on it. The wait isn’t that bad if you just ignore it. Stuck the lower in my safe, and put it out of mind. So was a happy surprise today.
NRA Benefactor Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Jago668 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 pm My SBR stamp arrived today in the mail. Now to make some copies of it so I can store the stamp. Also time to actually start buying parts. Don't remember the exact date but was submitted in November just before Thanksgiving. So 7 months on a Form 4 Trust.
Why a trust? Can't you just handle the disposition in your will? Or were you looking to give multiple trustees access during your life?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

ScottDLS wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:32 pm
Jago668 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:21 pm My SBR stamp arrived today in the mail. Now to make some copies of it so I can store the stamp. Also time to actually start buying parts. Don't remember the exact date but was submitted in November just before Thanksgiving. So 7 months on a Form 4 Trust.
Why a trust? Can't you just handle the disposition in your will? Or were you looking to give multiple trustees access during your life?
Multiple trustees is the main reason. Wife and I are both on it as trustees. If we die my daughter takes over. No clue what happens if we die before she is 21.

While it is unlikely the ATF would come by the house while my wife was there and I wasn’t. Since she has access to the safe they could press the issue of her having possession of an NFA item. Not likely but for $160 for a trust, why not just remove that risk altogether.
NRA Benefactor Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Jago668 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:58 pm
Multiple trustees is the main reason. Wife and I are both on it as trustees. If we die my daughter takes over. No clue what happens if we die before she is 21.

While it is unlikely the ATF would come by the house while my wife was there and I wasn’t. Since she has access to the safe they could press the issue of her having possession of an NFA item. Not likely but for $160 for a trust, why not just remove that risk altogether.
Now don't tell my wife. I'll lose my excuse for not letting her shoot my machine guns.... :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

twjones

Post by twjones »

I believe doing a trust also allows you not get a local LEO signature (they just have to be sent a copy of the app).

PBratton
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PBratton »

I scanned mine and keep it with me on the phone.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

twjones wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:19 pm
I believe doing a trust also allows you not get a local LEO signature (they just have to be sent a copy of the app).
Nope Trusts and Individual applications are CLEO notification only now, but all responsible members of the trust have to submit fingerprints and photos now, just like individual.

twjones

Post by twjones »

Ok, didn't know individual applications don't require CLEO signature.

All responsible members of the trust have to submit fingerprints and photos now, just like individual -- agree, but there is a way around this.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”