The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: My first AR

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:23 am
Tex1961 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:28 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:16 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:40 pm
Abraham wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:21 pm You're in a buyers market.

Check with Primary Arms.

Last, I saw an ad for an off-brand AR being sold there for under $400.00 I paid way more than that but I bought high quality...you pay for greater quality, but for your purposes not necessary.

Plus, both Cabelas and Academy have sales on these things.

Good luck and when you decide tell us what you bought.
Sportstman's Guide had the DPMS Oracle on sale for $379.00, plus there is a $50.00 rebate and it comes with a decent 2 rifle soft sided case. Retail around $50.00 as well. I know it's a low end budget firearm, but as you say, for my purposes I think it should be just fine. I can see running 30 - 60 rounds per month or so on average through it... Between the overall good ratings and all of the youtube videos I've watched it seems like a pretty decent gun for the money.. I'm not into tricking out my firearms.. Except maybe for better grips and maybe some sights that's about it...

As I said in my original post, I have always been a pistol guy.. I have around a dozen handguns but in rifles I have a Ruger 10/22 and a Mosen Nagant carbine.. And that one I've not even shot yet... I've always kinda wanted an AR, but not enough to justify spending a lot of cash for one... I just saw this deal and figured the price point, rebate and free case it was a good time to go ahead and get one....
30-60 rounds through an AR is about 10 minutes range time even shooting slowly! You’re going to get hooked and go through 300 per range trip! :biggrinjester:

Congrats on your new rifle.
BIG SIGH. I know. I’ll keep trying to convince myself that I won’t. But I know me pretty well. Already have 1000 Wolf on order. Along with 500 9mm, 200 .380, 500 7.62x39, 500 22lr. I was going to add some 45 and 38spcl, but I just bought 500 each about 3 weeks ago. I have a membership to frisco gun club and am meeting the owner of Mission 160 outdoor range tomorrow to pay my first year dues.

To summarize. Hi, my name is mike and I’m an addict.
Hi Mike. I am on step 4. Would you be my sponsor? :biggrinjester:
Watchu talkin’ about Willis? As I recall, you’ve got more rounds of 5.56 ammo stored up than most of the rest of us combined! LOL
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: My first AR

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:29 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:23 am
Tex1961 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:28 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:16 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:40 pm
Abraham wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:21 pm You're in a buyers market.

Check with Primary Arms.

Last, I saw an ad for an off-brand AR being sold there for under $400.00 I paid way more than that but I bought high quality...you pay for greater quality, but for your purposes not necessary.

Plus, both Cabelas and Academy have sales on these things.

Good luck and when you decide tell us what you bought.
Sportstman's Guide had the DPMS Oracle on sale for $379.00, plus there is a $50.00 rebate and it comes with a decent 2 rifle soft sided case. Retail around $50.00 as well. I know it's a low end budget firearm, but as you say, for my purposes I think it should be just fine. I can see running 30 - 60 rounds per month or so on average through it... Between the overall good ratings and all of the youtube videos I've watched it seems like a pretty decent gun for the money.. I'm not into tricking out my firearms.. Except maybe for better grips and maybe some sights that's about it...

As I said in my original post, I have always been a pistol guy.. I have around a dozen handguns but in rifles I have a Ruger 10/22 and a Mosen Nagant carbine.. And that one I've not even shot yet... I've always kinda wanted an AR, but not enough to justify spending a lot of cash for one... I just saw this deal and figured the price point, rebate and free case it was a good time to go ahead and get one....
30-60 rounds through an AR is about 10 minutes range time even shooting slowly! You’re going to get hooked and go through 300 per range trip! :biggrinjester:

Congrats on your new rifle.
BIG SIGH. I know. I’ll keep trying to convince myself that I won’t. But I know me pretty well. Already have 1000 Wolf on order. Along with 500 9mm, 200 .380, 500 7.62x39, 500 22lr. I was going to add some 45 and 38spcl, but I just bought 500 each about 3 weeks ago. I have a membership to frisco gun club and am meeting the owner of Mission 160 outdoor range tomorrow to pay my first year dues.

To summarize. Hi, my name is mike and I’m an addict.
Hi Mike. I am on step 4. Would you be my sponsor? :biggrinjester:
Watchu talkin’ about Willis? As I recall, you’ve got more rounds of 5.56 ammo stored up than most of the rest of us combined! LOL
Uhhh... they all got used up. They sunk in a boating accident.. someone stole them. No ammo here at all. I have no firearms either. :evil2:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”