Remington - new double stack 1911

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Remington - new double stack 1911

Post by Excaliber »

That's quite a gun!

I'll be watching for an opportunity to handle and shoot one.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

strogg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by strogg »

I love my double stack 1911s. Yeah, they're heavy at 57 oz loaded. Yes they're stupidly thick. I don't care that only Mec Gar makes mags for it. I just love 'em. I'm curious how the Remington version is going to hold up. I think a visit to a LGS is in order after release.

I don't see this really helping them get themselves out of bankruptcy, though. Double stacks aren't exactly in high demand. Both Springfield and Wilson have tried their hand in the past without much success. On the bright side, Remington isn't exactly in a crowded corner. Outside of competition guns, only RIA and Para Ord make double stack 1911s. So there's that.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Since Remington bought Para Ord a few years back and since they both make 1911s, it is really no surprise that Remington is (finally) releasing a double-stack with their name on it. Their intent, as I understand it, is to rebrand all Para Ord guns as Remingtons.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am Since Remington bought Para Ord a few years back and since they both make 1911s, it is really no surprise that Remington is (finally) releasing a double-stack with their name on it. Their intent, as I understand it, is to rebrand all Para Ord guns as Remingtons.
My question is will the Remington dbl stack mags fit my Para?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Fair question. I don't have any insight into the magazine compatibility. If they value the legacy customers the magazines should be compatible, but then again the whole debacle with Marlin QC calls into question how much they value legacy customers.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

strogg

Post by strogg »

I would expect them to be compatible too if they use the same tooling to make the Para Ords. It only makes sense that they do, though. I highly doubt Remington would have the funds to come up with a new double stack 1911 for mass production.

I didn't know Remington and Para Ord are part of the same group. That's interesting. This makes a whole lot more sense now.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Para on top Rem on bottom....

Allons

Post by Allons »

9 oz heavier, empty, than any handgun that I own fully loaded with one in the chamber. I then took two magazine's of 45 ACP and weighed it, 14.14 oz so the total for me would be about 23.2 oz heavier than any handgun I own. I would like to see how it would carry, as well as, how it shoots. Would definitely try it if it becomes available at the range. Nice looking pistol.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

I love my 4.25" Para Tac Four

I would never CC it..

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Saw a video of the gun on YouTube. Looks like it works pretty good. I’ve shot one of the original Para 2011’s and it was fun to shoot but not something I fell in love with like a regular single stack 1911

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”