Device Lets Smartphone Users Scan For Concealed Firearms

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Device Lets Smartphone Users Scan For Concealed Firearms

Post by bblhd672 »

chamberc wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:56 pm
True, but the government will say it is free to send and receive radio waves.
Yep, King George thought he and his minions were free to do whatever they wanted to those people in the colonies.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

chamberc
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chamberc »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:14 pm
Yep, King George thought he and his minions were free to do whatever they wanted to those people in the colonies.
There is a dramatic different over what people would tolerate regarding their rights then versus now. Thinking and doing are vastly apart from each other today.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:54 pm
chamberc wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:25 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:39 am
RogueUSMC wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:09 am
the system intentionally prohibits any features, which could be exploited to invade privacy.
Kinda the whole device in a nutshell wouldn't you say?
In a police state, there is zero expectation of privacy.

https://www.royalholdings.org/team
Barry is the CEO of Royal Holdings; he leads new business and new solution development as well as group marketing.
Barry founded TerrorMate, the world's first terror and mass shooting alert mobile app. He is a former intelligence contractor with expertise in sanction busting, narcotics, narco-terror groups, and smuggling syndicates in the Middle East, and he has worked with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, Belgium Customs Intelligence Agency, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs Intelligence, and the U.S. Department of Defense Criminal Investigation Service (DCIS). Barry is the author of the Amazon best seller The Black Market Concierge.
I'd say, in public, there is no expectation of privacy. And you regularly sign away your privacy in your own home.
There is an expectation of not being searched without consent or a warrant. Scanning and finding what is in my pockets and under my clothes is not something that is out in public view. I do expect what I have concealed in my pockets and under my close to stay private.
Article [IV] (Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure)
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
I'm sure many in the government would think it should be ok to monitor and collect people's email correspondence, listen to and record phone calls, track people's online surfing info, stop and frisk people or ask ID them etc. Doesn't make it right or constitutional.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

I find this a bit hard to believe on a number of counts.

Color me skeptical until more info becomes available.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:23 pm I find this a bit hard to believe on a number of counts.

Color me skeptical until more info becomes available.
:iagree:

This is right up there with we will have net positive fusion reactors in just a few months and Hillary is a lock in 2016...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Will this be able to detect Ghost Guns, After all, ghosts have a reputation of being very difficult to search.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

skeathley wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:14 am http://concealednation.org/2018/08/devi ... 9ff1b5733c

Police could use this to replace "stop-and-frisk", which works, but has been ruled unconstitutional.

:tiphat:
I wonder if this device will survive a SCOTUS challenge, as it is only a matter of time until the technology falls into the public domain - either lawfully or unlawfully - and concealed is no longer concealed. Besides which, I don’t particularly want all cops to know I’m armed. I deliberately desire to still be part of the voluntary notification transaction. The flip side of that is that I can no longer trust a gov’t that no longer trusts me. I hope this thing never gets off the ground.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Liberty wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:24 am Will this be able to detect Ghost Guns, After all, ghosts have a reputation of being very difficult to search.
If there are two detection devices and the beams cross, will the person being scanned explode? :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

If there are two detection devices and the beams cross, will the person being scanned explode?
Crossing the streams would be very bad... total annihilation, the end of the world as we know it!!
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

I have my doubts about the tech hype for this device. Yet like most others here I resent the onward march towards the Orwellian nightmare, especially with the private sector being such a willing servant in this process. For those of us who already open carry the tech is a bit of waste of time, it's introduction might just increase the number of people who OC and over time lead to a situation where CC only restrictions become abolished.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”