Updated Shield owners- help!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 6

Post by flechero »

glock27 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:43 pm I personally enjoy the sentimental ness of high mileage products. Whether it be tools or vehicles. If I shot an extractor out of a gun I’d fix it and keep it going in the rotation. Take pride in the wear and tear!
While I agree with the sentiment... even good tools wear out sometimes. I ended up ordering the parts to fix it up, and in the meantime, put a 22lr top on it for my son to use on the range. :thumbs2:

Topic author
flechero

Update

Post by flechero »

I ended up getting a good deal on [and ordering] a shield 2.0 in 45acp. Love the new grip texture. It will be here next week!

Allons
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Update

Post by Allons »

flechero wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:23 pm I ended up getting a good deal on [and ordering] a shield 2.0 in 45acp. Love the new grip texture. It will be here next week!
I picked up the same one yesterday too. I did not know that the LE/Military Retiree applied to disabled vets for the discount too. It was a good discount and I had been looking for the 2.0 with the night sights installed.
:thumbs2:
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Ortiz
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Updated Shield owners- help!

Post by Ortiz »

I know this is somewhat of an older thread but the shield 45 is the 2.0. It was never named the 2.0 but all of the features were put into the shield 45 prior to actually releasing the update for the rest of the guns.

As for the actual gun itself, I love my shield 45. I shoot it quite often and used it for my LTC qualification and did fantastic. Not to mention i bought it during the 50 dollar rebate so it was a win win for me. Recoil isnt bad at all for a small 45. My only gripe was the slide lock is not an actual release. No big deal, I just filed the sharp corner edge of the lock and now it releases better than my full size m&p 45 2.0.

If you are thinking about getting it, you will love it. It's not as smooth to shoot as my full sized m&p 45 2.0 but after 4 or 5 rounds, you wont even notice it.

TomS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Updated Shield owners- help!

Post by TomS »

It is a sweet shooter, I don’t think it recoils any harder than the Ruger Lightweight Commander I had, and it’s very accurate.

Topic author
flechero

bitter sweet

Post by flechero »

TomS wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:00 pm It is a sweet shooter, I don’t think it recoils any harder than the Ruger Lightweight Commander I had, and it’s very accurate.
I'm pleasantly surprised at how soft it shoots... the dual spring flatwire unit really calms it down. My only complaint is the trigger. It's pretty mushy and long. (although that may be how all shields are) Unfortunately Apex has nothing for the updated .45 shield yet, they hope by year end. I'll keep putting rounds downrange- hopefully it gets better with some use. If not, maybe I get used to it or I'll get a new trigger when available.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: bitter sweet

Post by carlson1 »

flechero wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:54 pm
TomS wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:00 pm It is a sweet shooter, I don’t think it recoils any harder than the Ruger Lightweight Commander I had, and it’s very accurate.
I'm pleasantly surprised at how soft it shoots... the dual spring flatwire unit really calms it down. My only complaint is the trigger. It's pretty mushy and long. (although that may be how all shields are) Unfortunately Apex has nothing for the updated .45 shield yet, they hope by year end. I'll keep putting rounds downrange- hopefully it gets better with some use. If not, maybe I get used to it or I'll get a new trigger when available.
:iagree: The trigger is the only thing I would change on mine. I love the pistol and I love the fact it fits in a couple of my DM Bullard Holsters I already had.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”