One heck of a trade

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

One heck of a trade

Post by Tex1961 »

Was at a small gathering of friends on Saturday evening and was showing some pictures of the new gun cage me and my boys built. Anyway he said your really into guns aren't you? Then he said, we have an old gun that my wife's dad gave us and it's just been sitting in the drawer for several years.. I'll give it to you if you want... So he looked it up and it was a Ruger P89DC. Needless to say I went over with a nice bottle of wine the next day and picked it up. Came with 2 loaded magazines and very nice holster. Was in excellent shape and clean...

Not bad for a $35.00 bottle of wine....
ruger-9mm-magazine-ruger-p89-9mm-pistol-find-our-speedloader-nowfind-our-speedloader.jpg

mot7981
Posts in topic: 1

Re: One heck of a trade

Post by mot7981 »

Man, why is it that I never fall into deals like that. Those Rugers run forever and that one looks great. Looks like you just picked up a new item for that cage you just finished.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Nice trade!

I'm intrigued by the "gun cage" you built. maybe I'm just not familiar with the term... Care to share any pics?? (we all love gun stuff and DIY so it sounds like a perfect project to showcase here!)

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

flechero wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:34 am Nice trade!

I'm intrigued by the "gun cage" you built. maybe I'm just not familiar with the term... Care to share any pics?? (we all love gun stuff and DIY so it sounds like a perfect project to showcase here!)

:iagree:

Is it like a gun safe? or something that is portable? Pics please!!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

IMG_2849.jpg
Found this heavy duty cage on Craigslist for $100.00 (online new for 300+) About $125.00 in pegboard and hangers and a couple of hours later. I had a stack on double door cabinet before. This guy is about 3 times larger and 3 times stronger... It's 4' wide, 6' tall and 2' deep. Double front locking doors and really displays everything a lot nicer than being hidden away in a thin metal cabinet. My boys added a LED strip inside as well.

IMG_2832.jpg
IMG_2833.jpg

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Nice cage. However, I think I would cover the outside with plywood. If I were a thief and saw the motherload, I would be in it.

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

WTR wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:20 am Nice cage. However, I think I would cover the outside with plywood. If I were a thief and saw the motherload, I would be in it.
Yes...

Working on a cover now. I work from home so 95% of the time there is always someone here. Our twin (20 year old) boys still live here as well. But I agree and have already been looking into something nice for a front cover.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

That is nice looking, but as WTR, stated, I think I would "harden" the target a little more. That top shelf, can be removed by bumping it upwards I would bolt it on all four corners to the uprights,, and the padlock, is a bit under secure in my opinion, but it does, give a good way to see inside, without having to use a flashllight or something to see into. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

flechero

Post by flechero »

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

ml1209

Post by ml1209 »

Nice. Love those old Rugers. You got a great deal!

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I have a P89 Safety model that I bought back in 1997. I don't know how many rounds are through it, several thousand for certain. I don't shoot it as much as I used to, but it still ticks along. It only ever hiccuped with one brand of ammo that my other Ruger 9mm didn't like, either, some stuff from Hungary. Otherwise fed and fired everything I put through it. That's awesome to get something like that.

Also, the cage is very cool.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”