Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Glock 21 (.45 cal.) Own One?

Post by Abraham »

If so, do you like it?

Hate it?

What generation?

Please, tell me about it. Is it accurate? Easy/Hard shooting?

Pluses, Minuses?

Thanks!

suthdj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock 21 (.45 cal.) Own One?

Post by suthdj »

Had a gen 3, loved it very accurate, a bit hard to conceal if that matters.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I do not own one now, I sold it because my arthritis in my fingers wouldn't allow me to break it down for cleaning. However, it was one of the best shooters I have had. Pretty low recoil and very accurate. Back then only CC was allowed which I did, and it was no worse than my XD45 now.
Had I not had the arthritis, I would never have sold it.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

RPBrown,

Man oh man do I ever understand.

I can't 'sign' my name anymore, I have to slowly draw it and it still looks terrible. Arth-wrongis...

After watching some Hickok45 videos, I still want (not need) a Glock 21.

As a kid in the Army, I was one of three out of two hundred in my basic training class, hhhmmm, maybe it was AIT, that not only qualified with the 1911, but somehow experted. Yup, I'm bragging...

1911's don't appeal, but Glock 21's do, given their (according to H-45 videos) soft shooting with great accuracy if the shooter does the job properly.

Plus, I looked up SGA's /range practice .45 cal. ammo cost...which is within acceptable cost parameters...

Man oh man, SWBO is so great. If I want (whatever) she says: Buy it!

I may...

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have one that has had a grip reduction done so the grip is almost exactly the same width as a G19. IT's still a bit big for carry, at least for me, but it makes a great nightstand gun.

rotor

Post by rotor »

I have one. Standard Glock. Easy shooter. Never fails. I carry open as backup when I hunt. I think gen 4 (it does have removable backstraps). To me all of the Glocks are the same, they all work, they all clean the same way, they all feel the same. I have stock everything on all my Glocks. More capacity than a 1911. I have a Glock 43, 26 and 21. I have never had any problem with any of them.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Abraham wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 am If so, do you like it?

Hate it?

What generation?

Please, tell me about it. Is it accurate? Easy/Hard shooting?

Pluses, Minuses?

Thanks!

Yes. Gen 4. I carry this when I can, otherwise Glock 30 Gen 4 is my backup. Self defense outside the home is the primary purpose of me owning this model.

Is blue label that I put 25,000 rounds a year through it every year and not a single failure.

Having shot 45 only for 30 years, I would not say it is "hard shooting". My Glock 17 is harder for me to shoot because there is less frame and slide mass, so I have to hold that 9 mm much tighter than the 45 to keep muzzle on target.

With the Glock 21, I can do the Higginbotham drill with it in just under 2 seconds. In the right hands, the gun is capable of silver dollar sized groups at 7 yards.

The only thing I changed is the sights - running Trijicon HD with orange front and black rear. Contemplating the Vicker's flat trigger.

The plus is the minus: it is a Glock. It wants to shoot slightly left if you let it. The trigger is spongy but has a short reset. Eats any ammo and does not need to be cleaned very often. It is bulky, and I do not like the finger grooves. You will get a prominent Glock knuckle.

I can buy and carry any platform, and I choose Glock 21.

Bottom line is how does the 21 fit in YOUR hand and are YOU confident in YOUR ability to shoot 45 ACP for YOUR purpose.

Someone mentioned Hickok in the thread. He has very large hands. The 21 is not for folks with small hands.

Lone Wolf is about to release their new Timberwolf frame for the Glock 21 - I will be trying that out.

Hope this helps ...

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Used to have one, identical to every other glock. Boringly reliable, big, bulky, decent shooter. If you like shooting .45 it’s nice to not have to reload as often. Wouldn’t ever carry it simply due to size.

Jago668
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jago668 »

I've got an OD green one, gen 4. It's a Glock. What more do you really need to say. Shoots well, feeds anything, reliable, and as a double stack .45acp a little bulky. I've switched to 9mm since getting married so my wife can more easily grip my pistols if she had to.
NRA Benefactor Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I have a gen-3 SF version. It shoots good. Not as good as my Colt GC, but good. I also have a 30SF, still carry the 21SF the most because I got a Safariland 7TS holster for it that will accommodate a TLR-1 light attached.

When I find the time to do a match I use this gun.

It’s a big slowish .45. It shoots softer than a .40, a little harder than a 9mm, but different than both. I also think it is easier to shoot than my little snubby .38 special.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

C-dub wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:24 am It’s a big slowish .45. It shoots softer than a .40, a little harder than a 9mm, but different than both. I also think it is easier to shoot than my little snubby .38 special.
I find a .45acp is more of a shove than a snap.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thanks all for your responses!

I hope to handle one this coming Tuesday.

If it fits, it may come home with me...

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Jago668 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:01 am
C-dub wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:24 am It’s a big slowish .45. It shoots softer than a .40, a little harder than a 9mm, but different than both. I also think it is easier to shoot than my little snubby .38 special.
I find a .45acp is more of a shove than a snap.
:iagree: That’s a good way to describe it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”