Range time (or lack of)

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

tk1700
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Range time (or lack of)

Post by tk1700 »

The MantisX is a great training system. It's fairly inexpensive, $150, can be used on almost any firearm, can be used for live fire of dry fire, is small and is easy to install. It will tell you what you do wrong and how to correct it for each shot. It will give you an average for a group of shots and is fun to compete with a group of friends for high score without having to fire a shot or leave your living room. They have a good website and are on Amazon.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

I've tried the 'indoor range' route (more than once at different indoor ranges) and like proudpirate, they're not for me.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

tk1700 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:20 am The MantisX is a great training system. It's fairly inexpensive, $150, can be used on almost any firearm, can be used for live fire of dry fire, is small and is easy to install. It will tell you what you do wrong and how to correct it for each shot. It will give you an average for a group of shots and is fun to compete with a group of friends for high score without having to fire a shot or leave your living room. They have a good website and are on Amazon.
MantisX helped me refine my trigger control remarkably quickly. The feedback it gives is better that anything else I've experienced. My main issue with it is now that it trained me to have 98%+ trigger control, MantisX has difficulty detecting my trigger pulls. I probably need to turn up the sensitivity
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”