Trouble Purchasing Rifle at Walmart

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Trouble Purchasing Rifle at Walmart

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Pawpaw wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 pm
puma guy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:20 pm I had to make several trips to Wally World to by a rifle a few weeks ago, because their computerized 4473 system was being updated. I put the gun in law a way and made three trips back before they had it fixed. Same process you had with a manager screening then another walking me out. WalMart will not sell you any ammo at the same time. I only went there because I had a gift card.
You have a gun in law??? :headscratch

:biggrinjester:
I have a few guns that feel like family, so I can definitely relate.

txglock21
Posts in topic: 1

Post by txglock21 »

Two points:
1). We have 3 Walmarts in my town and NONE sell any guns! :banghead:
2). My middle name is spelled Micheal not the normal Michael. It's a family thing. I always have to point that out whenever someone is filling my name out on something official. I just bought a new car and they misspelled it on every single document and took about an hour longer for them to go back and change two letters around.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Lena

Post by Lena »

Same here on a few I have had so long the thought of someday parting with them hurts and the miles put on some, I have started a folder with a page on each listing where it came from and any remembered details or use. Picking just 1 would be a nightmare. I have a planned trip taking several not shot in along time out again to shoot but my club does not allow FA fire so just shoot at home I guess. Then the cleaning of all them. I used to have a friend who's family had a junk yard we could shoot at when closed but they sold it so all ended there.
Stay Safe

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Running daily 4473s I've seen a ton of errors, oddities, etc., when it comes to identification.

Twice this year I've caught incorrect zip codes on LTCs, that were off by a digit or two and never noticed by the license holder. Name mismatches are pretty common w/ middle names, initials, etc.

Everything's slightly more difficult w/ the big box stores over dedicated gun shops or FFLs.

If you're buying a gun today you might have even more fun since NICS updated the form this morning and the various dedicated software packages used by sellers to interface w/ NICS probably haven't been updated to match.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

ELB

Post by ELB »

I have never thought of this being a problem before. I got my Texas drivers license and my CHL when I moved to Texas in 1998 (hard to believe it’s been 20 years already) and both licenses have always displayed my middle initial rather than my full middle name. Not sure how many guns I bought since then but it’s been quite a few and I bought more prior to that when I had an Indiana license, also with just my middle initial. I’ve always put my full middle name on the 4473 though.

Haven’t bought any guns at Walmart though, always an LGS.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”