Triple T holsters

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Triple T holsters

Post by Odinvalknir »

local to kemah/league city is a company called triple T holsters. Their products are sold at various places like cabelas, the arms room, etc, I wondered if anyone had experience with their holsters. I bought one yesterday, went into their shop and sat and talked to the owner while they custom made the holster to fit my exact gun and not just a gun of the same model.

The owner is a 20yr AF vet and worked at shriners hospital for a long time too, his main point on his holsters is the leather they use for the backing of their hybrids. He says it's the same stuff they use for medical equipment and I have to say its VERY comfortable. My only issue with the holster so far is the lack of retention either mechanical or friction. There really isnt any, unless its strapped to your body. But unless you're doing backflips like a certain FBI agent I dont see it as an issue.

So if anyone else local to the area has any experience to share, I'd love to hear it. These guys are extremely friendly and personable, their customer service is top notch

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Triple T holsters

Post by flechero »

If you have a lack of retention now, I would take it back for an adjustment- it won't get better with use, it will loosen further as the leather stretches. They may be able to deepen the depression into the trigger guard to increase retention.

I'm thinking the "orthopedic grade" leather is either softer or thinner than the usual holster leather- aiding in comfort but not in retention.

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Triple T holsters

Post by Odinvalknir »

flechero wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 am If you have a lack of retention now, I would take it back for an adjustment- it won't get better with use, it will loosen further as the leather stretches. They may be able to deepen the depression into the trigger guard to increase retention.

I'm thinking the "orthopedic grade" leather is either softer or thinner than the usual holster leather- aiding in comfort but not in retention.
Yeah they told me if I wanted more attention that they could just heat the Kydex back up and squeeze it down a little bit more and that would fix it. But I've noticed that while I'm wearing it it does not move around or attempt to fall out, and my draw stroke is actually a hell of a lot quicker with this holster versus my stealth gear.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”