Post by bblhd672 »

https://thefederalist.com/2018/10/17/th ... n-history/
According to the article:
1. Kentucky Rifle
2. Colt “Peacemaker”
3. Spencer repeating rifle
4. Browning 1911
5. Stoner AR-15/M16

I thought the Winchester lever action rifle would have been on the list instead of the Spencer.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

G26ster
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The 5 Most Important Guns in American History

Post by G26ster »

I'm surprised the M1 Garand is not there, and the 1911 is. The Garand is responsible for far more casualties than the 1911 by a mile. The 1911 is a fine platform, but in what way is it important?

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

This is one man's opinion there will be some that agree an more that do not. I do not think you can say, "5 Most Important Guns", but you can say, "5 Very Important Guns". Of course this is just one man's opinion and there will be some that agree and others who are wrong. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

G26ster wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:04 pm I'm surprised the M1 Garand is not there, and the 1911 is. The Garand is responsible for far more casualties than the 1911 by a mile. The 1911 is a fine platform, but in what way is it important?
I concur, we were the only country to field a semi auto battle rifle as a general issue to our troops during WW2, when everybody else had bolt actions our troops had the M1 Garand! As Gen Patton said "Greatest weapon ever devised"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

maybe they left off the Garand because it was designed by a Canadian :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Garand
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”