Looking to get into Sporting Clays / Suggestions?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

krieghoff
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Looking to get into Sporting Clays / Suggestions?

Post by krieghoff »

berettadave wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 am
krieghoff wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:52 am
berettadave wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 pm I see you are in Katy. If you are looking for an instructor, you have some very good ones in your area. I personally would contact Adam Blair at Westside sporting grounds. He is a very good instructor and I'm sure he could help you out. Talk to him about what your goals are and what gun he suggests. If you have never shot sporting much, I would recommend a good semi-auto to start with. They're easier to move than an o/u and a little more forgiving for a beginner imo. I shot a Beretta 391 in competition for 11 years before going to a Blaser o/u. I'm still not sure I can't shoot the 391 better lol.

Krieghoff, I bet we know each other if you've been shooting sporting that long. Were you at nationals last week?

Dave Bishop
David you are right on. We do know each other and have shot together from time to time at CCT&S. I will let you keep guessing!! No I wasn't at the Nationals as I spent most of the week working at the ranch.
Aw crap, now you're gonna make me have to think! lol
Just sent you an email!!
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Topic author
Lumberjack98

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I stopped by Briley on the way home from work tonight and spent some time with Gretchen.

She spent quite a bit of time with me discussing the differences (pros and cons) between over/under and semi-auto shotguns. She set out several of each and we went through them and the various features. She was very patient and answered all of my questions.

Her advice was to go out and shoot several different ones and then buy. I will definitely buy from them once I decide.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

berettadave

Post by berettadave »

krieghoff wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:14 pm
berettadave wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:36 am
krieghoff wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:52 am
berettadave wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 pm I see you are in Katy. If you are looking for an instructor, you have some very good ones in your area. I personally would contact Adam Blair at Westside sporting grounds. He is a very good instructor and I'm sure he could help you out. Talk to him about what your goals are and what gun he suggests. If you have never shot sporting much, I would recommend a good semi-auto to start with. They're easier to move than an o/u and a little more forgiving for a beginner imo. I shot a Beretta 391 in competition for 11 years before going to a Blaser o/u. I'm still not sure I can't shoot the 391 better lol.

Krieghoff, I bet we know each other if you've been shooting sporting that long. Were you at nationals last week?

Dave Bishop
David you are right on. We do know each other and have shot together from time to time at CCT&S. I will let you keep guessing!! No I wasn't at the Nationals as I spent most of the week working at the ranch.
Aw crap, now you're gonna make me have to think! lol
Just sent you an email!!
Never received an email. Wonder if you have the correct one? PM me if you want.

Dave

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”