60 Minutes hit piece on AR15’s

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 1

60 Minutes hit piece on AR15’s

Post by EastTexasRancher »

Pay attention tonight. You know this was timed to be two nights before Election Day!

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 60 Minutes hit piece on AR15’s

Post by mojo84 »

They are going all out against the AR. Next they'll promote Beto.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I just had some really good beef stew my mother-in-law made for me and I'd like to keep it down, so I won't be watching anything like that tonight.

However, thanks for the heads up.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's a shame they didn't focus at least some on the evil killers that commit the crimes.

It was all about the gun.

Very emotional piece.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

That show is still around? I stopped watching that 25 years ago. It was somewhat relevant back then when they did actual news. Now its CNN for old people!

Thanks for reminding me. Time to go buy another weapon of war!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

:iagree:

The show has been garbage for decades.
They get caught faking news and slanting stories time after time and people still watch.
I guess you can fool some of the people all of the time.

TXHawk

Post by TXHawk »

:iagree:
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Thomas Jefferson

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

When I saw the commercial I knew it would be heavily slanted towards demonizing the rifle, not the monsters that committed the crimes.

When are they going to start blaming Bic lighters to arson? Or cars for drunk driving?

:banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

We don't watch any news other than local.....sometimes. In fact, we won't even watch the election returns tomorrow night. We have voted and us watching will not change the outcome.

Back in the days of Cronkike, Huntley/Brinley, and a couple others, we got news. Today, all they present are agendas that are contrary to my way of thinking. So, wee- wee on 'em!

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

They talked about how devastating a bullet fired from an AR-15 is compared to a 9mm. How about if they compared a .223 to a .30-06 or .308. There is a reason the Army is looking to change to the 6.8. The only good take-away was the Stop the Bleed. That is NOT just for gunshot wounds, but can be used for ANY serious injury. MORE people need to be trained in these techniques. I did notice that they gave a LITTLE lip service to the fact that AR-15s are used in only a very small number of shootings, but they then went into the standard script.

What actually concerned me more was the 20 minutes of airtime they gave to Francis two days before the election. He should have to declare that campaign contribution.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I'm guessing 60 minutes never mentioned this Federally funded report:
because the banned guns and magazines were never used in more than a fraction of all gun murders, even the maximum theoretically achievable preventive effect of the ban on gun murders is almost certainly too small to detect statistically...
An Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”