Shield iwb leather options

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Shield iwb leather options

Post by cmgee67 »

Now that it is getting cooler outside I can start to wear some leather gear iwb. I currently EDC my M&p shield 1st gen in Kydex. I use Kydex during the warmer months as it doesn’t collet moisture and get on the gun. During winter leather makes sense because i don’t sweat very much and it’s comfortable. I have been looking at some of Galcos offerings. I don’t want to blow over 60$ on a holster. The summer comfort has been one in my list. Those of you who edc a leather iwb what do you use? I don’t like hybrid holsters. I’ve tried crossbreed and alien gear. They just take up too much room. I prefer soft loops with snaps to fix to my belt.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shield iwb leather options

Post by oljames3 »

cmgee67 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:16 am Now that it is getting cooler outside I can start to wear some leather gear iwb. I currently EDC my M&p shield 1st gen in Kydex. I use Kydex during the warmer months as it doesn’t collet moisture and get on the gun. During winter leather makes sense because i don’t sweat very much and it’s comfortable. I have been looking at some of Galcos offerings. I don’t want to blow over 60$ on a holster. The summer comfort has been one in my list. Those of you who edc a leather iwb what do you use? I don’t like hybrid holsters. I’ve tried crossbreed and alien gear. They just take up too much room. I prefer soft loops with snaps to fix to my belt.
My family members who carry their M&Ps IWB use Raven Concealment or Bravo Concealment holsters. Instructors I know who carry M&Ps IWB use the Raven Concealment Morrigan. They all prefer Kydex or other non-leather holsters, as do I.

You may find this video by John Correia, of Active Self Protection, interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox7GrdjqRXk
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”