https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/pro ... %2F5.56+16
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Getting into ARs

Post by C-dub »

Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:56 pm I appreciate all the feedback fellas. I fully intend on building a better AR down the line, like i said initially i just want something decent to muck around with, probably pass down to my kids eventually. He is selling me this rifle at $500, but it comes fully kitted out, has all magpul furniture, spikes tactical charging handle, primary arms red dot, iron sights, 1:9 twist barrel.. the guns I've seen around 500 are all bone stock with nothing but a gun. So I figure it's a good deal, even if it is the DTI sport version. I may even be able to talk price down a little since I'll pay cash. Again thanks for the replies!
It's all good.

Although there's much truth to what some of us were warning you about, we're still just mostly having a bit of fun. However, you've been warned! :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Beiruty »

As matter of course, many of us are willing to let you shoot their AR at a local range. 1 AR platform many options.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MaduroBU »

Remember that the AR15 isn't the only platform out there. I went with an M17s, but the AK and its close relative the Galil deserve a look we well. the thing that an AR gets you is lots of options, but in the end you need a rifle that shoots well for you.

RandyM
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RandyM »

If you are just starting out, buy inexpensive, shoot, determine what things you want to change later.
I like a good collapsible/adjustable stock, that way the gun will fit anyone I take out to shoot it, or in all kinds of situations where light or heavy clothing will change your pull length.
you might also consider a CMMG 22LR dedicated upper, as a second caliber to shoot.
The other thing would be a trigger job, either by a gunsmith or a drop in.
You can find DPMS and Delton's under $400, complete guns.
Start there:
https://gun.deals/

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”