Truck broken in to, pistol stolen...I’m mad at myself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Truck broken in to, pistol stolen...I’m mad at myself

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:18 pm
RoadRunnerTR21 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:51 am I use Parking Spot as well. In the mid 90's I would park at the airport. One night I went to get my truck only to find my tailgate stolen. I went to DFW PD and they laughed and said "we got another one stolen". I did not think it was funny. Ever since I have parked offsite.
:shock:

A tailgate? Seriously? I know they are easy to take off, but in all my years (and there have been many of them) I have never heard of a tailgate being stolen. I've driven a pickup since 1972, and parked in a few high crime areas on occasion, many times at DFW. But a tailgate?

:banghead:
Believe it. It is one of the most commonly stolen items. It is the reason they have all began adding tail gate locks to them. Tail gates cost an arm and a leg. Thefts of tail gates apparently are down this year. Maybe due to the locks on them?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I bought a used CZ 75 compact (pre-B model) from Buds for $275. That is my car / truck gun. I really like that gun, but if it gets stolen at least I won't be out a ton of money.

ralewis

Post by ralewis »

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:51 am I use Parking Spot as well. In the mid 90's I would park at the airport. One night I went to get my truck only to find my tailgate stolen. I went to DFW PD and they laughed and said "we got another one stolen". I did not think it was funny. Ever since I have parked offsite.
Same here in Austin (Parking Spot). Though I always have that funny feeling when I open my center console and fear when I reach in it's not going to be there. All good so far....

FWIW, I take my 14 year old Kel Tec .380 when traveling/leaving it at the airport, so as bad as it would be it'd be far less impactful than losing one of my other more expensive pistols.

curryman

Post by curryman »

My tailgate would cost $3200 to replace. That's why it's always locked.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”