Light/Laser Combo For Under A $100.00

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Light/Laser Combo For Under A $100.00

Post by Abraham »

I've seen a number of them on Amazon, but after reading a number of reviews the majority are either highly praised or highly criticized.

Hit or miss, big chance on getting one of the bad ones.

My question: Is there one made for under a $100.00 that are at least good if not great?

P.S. Please, don't tell about the super duper (but cost massive bucks) light/laser combos. I know about them already. I'm looking for a low cost unit (relatively speaking) that works well. If such is not made, well, ok, I can accept that, but I won't then pay half the cost of a high quality pistol for the super duper. I've lived without one these things up til now and I can easily continue to...

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Light/Laser Combo For Under A $100.00

Post by SigM4 »

The only one I know of even close to that price point that’s worth anything is the Streamlight TLR-4. It usually goes for $125(ish). Beyond that one I think everything you’re going to find is going to be pretty crummy.

Have you ever shot with one of these light/laser combos or even just a laser before? I’m not really all that taken with lasers, especially on a unit like this that is made to be taken off/put on. The one I owned(high end unit) never returned to anything close to zero after being taken off. It was annoying enough that I got rid of it and opted instead for the light only.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Abraham »

SigM4,

Wow, thanks for tha information.

The not returning to zero would be a non-starter for me.

Oh well, it was just an idea I thought might have merit.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Stramlight TLR-6 sells between $85-$100. I have one for my M&P Shield, in its box, even have a holster to accommodate it. If I were to put it back on it would be for the light only.
Some people like them, some don’t, some ambivalent. I think the laser can serve as a good training aid to see the movement of your muzzle as you raise and aim. I certainly discovered how much my muzzle was moving when I first started shooting again.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”