M&P shield carriers...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Humanclone
Posts in topic: 1

M&P shield carriers...

Post by Humanclone »

Has anyone of you who edc a shield, done any trigger work. I’m debating between the Apex duty carry kit or the Monarch Hyve trigger shoe. Anyone have exaperience with either one. Any
benefits over the other. I know the Apex will lower trigger pull vs just the Monarch Hyve trigger not. I’ve herd good things about the Monarch Hyve as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Zombified
Posts in topic: 2

Re: M&P shield carriers...

Post by Zombified »

I have a shield 1.0 9mm with the full Apex trigger installed. The pull and reset is noticeably better than stock. A previous shield I owned had just Apex spring kit installed and was about the same as the full Apex kit. A few things you should know about the kits. The only thing different between the spring kit and the full trigger kit is the actual trigger itself. The hardest part of installing the kit was installing the trigger onto the trigger bar. Their instructions tell you to use a hammer and punch. After a lot of pounding I could not get it to install. Further browsing and an email to corporate revealed that you actually need to use a vice to get the pin to set. If I had thought it out better I probably would've ordered the trigger kit with the flat trigger and maybe a little bling. I've liked how it feels on other guns I've owned.

The video for trigger installation below:

https://youtu.be/pKvzfG4mBcI

I do not know if the trigger kit makes any difference on the 2.0 models.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

If it’s a M1 or non-PC Shield model I’d definitely recommend a trigger job. Mine is a PC model so the trigger is great, however I had a M1 and would have upgraded the trigger if I hadn’t sold it. Heard nothing but good about Apex.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Shield with Apex Duty Carry kit.
Most difficult part is removing the rear sight, but greatly improved the trigger pull.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Yep. I agree with everyone. I have a M1. Apex upgrade was well worth it.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

I EDC a Shield 9mm 1.0 with the Apex Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit installed. I had a gunsmith install it for good measure, as with my other two M&P pistols. Excellent trigger. I can't speak for the Monarch but highly recommend the Apex kit.
Honor Necessity

southernscope86

Post by southernscope86 »

Send it to S&W! 120 bucks for their tigger Job. You keep the warranty. And the trigger is great! They come in all the Preformance Center Shields. My P/C .45 trigger is perfect!. Now if you just can’t stand a hinged trigger then I understand the change. I personally am not the biggest fan of non factory triggers in my carry gun. I don’t knock the people who do it, just not something for me.

Option 2. Buy the new P/C Shield 2.0 :cool:

Zombified
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Zombified »

Performance center shield has ported barrel. Not something I'm a fan of.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I carry a Gen 1 9mm Shield and have never seen the need to replace the trigger. No, it's not match quality but it's worked fine for me.
Psalm 91:2

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

So how does either the Apex or the S&W P/C trigger compare to a stock 1911 trigger?

I've been EDC'ing an officer's size 1911 for a number of years. I like it, but I'm considering adding a striker-fired platform to the mix "just because." I'm considering a S&W M&P 2.0 shield (or maybe compact) because I've heard very good things about it, plus I can get that one with an external thumb safety (which I want to keep in order to maintain as much operational consistency between platforms as possible).

I understand the triggers on the 2.0 are much better than the previous version, but I would probably still like to do a trigger upgrade (the Apex or S&W P/C or what else?) in order to get it as close as possible to a "standard" 1911 trigger.

So what I'm looking for is someone with familiarity with both types of triggers who can give me an idea of what those comparisons would be?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”