Talking about magazines

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1207
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Talking about magazines

#1

Post by LDB415 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:17 pm

and getting it right. It's time for us to take back the language from the left. It's time to only and always use the term "standard capacity magazine" for a 30rd MSR magazine or a 17rd Glock 17 magazine or similar. Likewise, we should never again use any term similar to "10 round" when talking about lower capacity magazines for those and other guns. We should from now on only ever call them "infringed capacity magazines". We've allowed, and sadly many have joined in, in calling a standard capacity magazine a "high capacity magazine". It is not. Don't do that. Don't let friends do that. We have to stop letting the left steal the language.
Last edited by LDB415 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Talking magazines

#2

Post by jason812 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:46 pm

:iagree:

I told a buddy just yesterday that it was nice Californians can buy standard capacity mags again.

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 5063
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Talking magazines

#3

Post by Jusme » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:43 am

I thought the thread was about magazines that would tell you how many rounds you had left. :smilelol5:

But I agree, allowing gun grabber's monikers for anything gun related, gives them credence they doesn't deserve. Whether it's mag capacity, assault rifles, fully semi auto, etc. It just makes misnomers, the standard description, which strengthens their case for depriving people of their rights. They are doing the same thing to the 1A with their term "hate speech"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Talking magazines

#4

Post by bblhd672 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:19 am

I agree. It’s very irritating when I hear people on our side refer to the standard capacity magazines as “high capacity” magazines.
For every inch we give, the progressive socialist want another mile.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Talking magazines

#5

Post by crazy2medic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:33 am

I have 21 repatriatated standard capacity magazines that were rescued from the sands of Afghanistan by a kindly marine who help them return to the country of their origin!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


2farnorth
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 617
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:35 pm
Location: Leonard, Tx

Re: Talking magazines

#6

Post by 2farnorth » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:40 am

Threads title had me picturing a pleasant synthesized voice saying "there are two rounds remaining, there is one round remaining, reload now" :biggrinjester: Sorry
N5PNZ


surprise_i'm_armed
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4298
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:16 am
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Talking magazines

#7

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:33 pm

Oh, this thread isn't about the latest offerings from Publishers Clearing House?

Since people are too lazy to go out and get their own fast food, or shop for groceries, I thought the next thing would be periodicals that are sent to your house, and you put them in some device so they can be read to you. <Sigh>

SIA
The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free
and good men die like dogs, for no good reason.

Hunter S. Thompson


loktite
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Re: Talking about magazines

#8

Post by loktite » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Now you guys made him change the title!

I was kinda hoping for "a little left next time" "nice one!" "You're on fire!"
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Rafe
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: Talking about magazines

#9

Post by Rafe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:00 pm

loktite wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm
Now you guys made him change the title!

I was kinda hoping for "a little left next time" "nice one!" "You're on fire!"
Hey! That's what we need! Crimson Trace to manufacture a new series of laser sites called SPOTI (a take-off of the Army's Special Operations Target Interdiction Course). They can thank me for the name later. Might be pretty intimidating if ever having to hold a bad guy until LE arrives. Let it keep repeating: "Target acquired. Target distance 10.2 feet. Wind speed 4mph west-northwest. Probability of accurate hit, 100%."

Oh. And, "Rounds remaining in magazine, 17." :biggrinjester:

User avatar

Grumpy1993
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Talking magazines

#10

Post by Grumpy1993 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:20 pm

2farnorth wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:40 am
Threads title had me picturing a pleasant synthesized voice saying "there are two rounds remaining, there is one round remaining, reload now" :biggrinjester: Sorry
Now that is smart gun technology I might buy. :mrgreen:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 5063
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Talking about magazines

#11

Post by Jusme » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:28 pm

Rafe wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:00 pm
loktite wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm
Now you guys made him change the title!

I was kinda hoping for "a little left next time" "nice one!" "You're on fire!"
Hey! That's what we need! Crimson Trace to manufacture a new series of laser sites called SPOTI (a take-off of the Army's Special Operations Target Interdiction Course). They can thank me for the name later. Might be pretty intimidating if ever having to hold a bad guy until LE arrives. Let it keep repeating: "Target acquired. Target distance 10.2 feet. Wind speed 4mph west-northwest. Probability of accurate hit, 100%."

Oh. And, "Rounds remaining in magazine, 17." :biggrinjester:
It would be even better if it would also call out the BG heart rate, blood pressure, and respirations, interspersed with best time to fire shot. "rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: Talking magazines

#12

Post by strogg » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Grumpy1993 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:20 pm
2farnorth wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:40 am
Threads title had me picturing a pleasant synthesized voice saying "there are two rounds remaining, there is one round remaining, reload now" :biggrinjester: Sorry
Now that is smart gun technology I might buy. :mrgreen:
I'd buy one if it can be programmed to be humorously snarky.

User avatar

Rafe
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: Talking about magazines

#13

Post by Rafe » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Jusme wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:28 pm
Rafe wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:00 pm
loktite wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:46 pm
Now you guys made him change the title!

I was kinda hoping for "a little left next time" "nice one!" "You're on fire!"
Hey! That's what we need! Crimson Trace to manufacture a new series of laser sites called SPOTI (a take-off of the Army's Special Operations Target Interdiction Course). They can thank me for the name later. Might be pretty intimidating if ever having to hold a bad guy until LE arrives. Let it keep repeating: "Target acquired. Target distance 10.2 feet. Wind speed 4mph west-northwest. Probability of accurate hit, 100%."

Oh. And, "Rounds remaining in magazine, 17." :biggrinjester:
It would be even better if it would also call out the BG heart rate, blood pressure, and respirations, interspersed with best time to fire shot. "rlol"
That's it. I think we have it designed. We'll split the royalties. The SPOTI for handguns would skip the wind speed and LR stuff. It would need an activation button separate from the laser, wouldn't want it yammering all the time. Would need a volume control, too. Then we'd get somebody with a seriously gravely voice, like Trace Adkins, to do the recording. And every time the BG moves or twitches anything more than an inch, it should shout "Target movement! Warning, target movement!"

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4667
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Talking about magazines

#14

Post by ScottDLS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:42 pm

I like to to carry my high cap clips taped together, so I can pull them out of my assault weapon, flip over and re-insert. It reduces the chance of an accidental discharge while changing clips, and I can carry twice as many bullets with my two clips taped together method. I think I first saw this in Soldier of Fortune Magazine while I was looking through the classifieds for my next hit man assignment. :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Talking about magazines

#15

Post by jason812 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:45 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:42 pm
I like to to carry my high cap clips taped together, so I can pull them out of my assault weapon, flip over and re-insert. It reduces the chance of an accidental discharge while changing clips, and I can carry twice as many bullets with my two clips taped together method. I think I first saw this in Soldier of Fortune Magazine while I was looking through the classifieds for my next hit man assignment. :evil2:
I put a spacer between my clips so they can face the same direction. That way I save 15 seconds on a reload because I don't have to turn them over.

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”