New shoes

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
surferdaddy
Posts in topic: 5

New shoes

Post by surferdaddy »

Please pardon the bathroom counter pic but it’s late and I didn’t want to wake the house. It took a while to get these grips but I’m glad I waited. They are light and a bit thinner than the stocks. I pocket carry and I think I’ve found snubby nirvana. Oh they are prestige grips. Ron is great to work with and I appreciate his craftsmanship. I can imagine the difficulty of making these by hand.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New shoes

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Those are pretty cool grips. Nice!

flechero

Post by flechero »

AndyC wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:27 am Those are beautiful :shock: :thumbs2:
:iagree: My first thought as well! Congrats!

Topic author
surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Thanks all I really like them. They are about impossible to photograph because they look different at every angle and in every light...maybe that is what makes them cool to me.

Surfer
CHL/LTC instructor

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Man, those are really nice! That blue really pops in the sunlight. I have a 340M&P, and it’s a dandy little revolver....basically the DA only "hammerless" version of your 360 PD....but if I had to do it over again, I’d buy the 360 PD. Having an enclosed hammer may be snag-free, but I’d like the option of single action fire. And although I do have a kydex pocket holster for mine, I usually carry it (when I carry it) OWB in a F.I.S.T. #10 Shortcut holster, so having an exposed hammer isn’t really a disadvantage.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:23 pm Man, those are really nice! That blue really pops in the sunlight. I have a 340M&P, and it’s a dandy little revolver....basically the DA only "hammerless" version of your 360 PD....but if I had to do it over again, I’d buy the 360 PD. Having an enclosed hammer may be snag-free, but I’d like the option of single action fire. And although I do have a kydex pocket holster for mine, I usually carry it (when I carry it) OWB in a F.I.S.T. #10 Shortcut holster, so having an exposed hammer isn’t really a disadvantage.
I was torn between this and the 340. But I’ve been surprised that for me the spur doesn’t really hang up. I don’t wear skinny jeans and the overall shape of a revolver just lets it slither right out of the pocket. I do cover the hammer with my thumb on the draw just in case. I have many small semis and I love them all; but this revolver will always be with me. It is a keeper; it just feels “personal” to me in a way that other guns don’t. Can’t really explain it.

-SD
CHL/LTC instructor

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

surferdaddy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:50 pm It is a keeper; it just feels “personal” to me in a way that other guns don’t. Can’t really explain it.

-SD
No explanation necessary. I totally get it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Finally some sunshine.

Some more pics.
-SD
CHL/LTC instructor

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

I love blue.

Topic author
surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

LDP wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:04 am Surfer, you know what they say, "ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR BACKSTOP WHEN SHOOTING!" :eek6

In your case, it applies double. When shooting pictures, be sure to get your foot and toilet paper out of the frame. :lol: :mrgreen: :smilelol5: :rolll "rlol"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :evil2:
Hahaha.
CHL/LTC instructor

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”