Walmart has fallen!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, the wife is on-board with not shopping at Wal-Mart anymore. She pointed out that shopping errands will take longer, but was okay with it once I explained what all that message to the "associates" stated. She's not a gun gal, but she's not anti, either. So, indeed, the several thousand dollars we spend with them yearly (yes, I know that's a drop in their money swimming pool), well, we'll be spreading that around several other establishments, now.

SIGFan43
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SIGFan43 »

Walmart should move its corporate offices from Arkansas to NY, NJ, MA, CA, or even Venezuela or China, where their corporate stance on guns and ammunition might be welcomed....
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

From Soros to Bloomberg to Warren Buffett, now to the Walton family (who inherited the business from Sam), everyone has to come to the realization that most of the wealthiest people in America hate our civil rights, especially the second amendment. Hillary Clinton outraised Trump 20-to-1 Among Billionaires... Walmart Heirs Shift from Red to Purple: The Evolving Political Contributions of the Nation’s Richest Family ...and we all know what Hillary wanted.

Walmart is just a symptom.

Honestly handgun ammo was one of the few reasons that I used to go to Walmart. I welcome the return of ammo sales from big box retailers like Walmart to small businesses. big box stores profit by massive and unfair tax breaks

We need to end tax breaks for these stores.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

Paladin wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:40 am From Soros to Bloomberg to Warren Buffett, now to the Walton family (who inherited the business from Sam), everyone has to come to the realization that most of the wealthiest people in America hate our civil rights, especially the second amendment. Hillary Clinton outraised Trump 20-to-1 Among Billionaires... Walmart Heirs Shift from Red to Purple: The Evolving Political Contributions of the Nation’s Richest Family ...and we all know what Hillary wanted.

Walmart is just a symptom.

Honestly handgun ammo was one of the few reasons that I used to go to Walmart. I welcome the return of ammo sales from big box retailers like Walmart to small businesses. big box stores profit by massive and unfair tax breaks

We need to end tax breaks for these stores.
Laws don’t apply to them, thats why.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas and small "Mom and pop" owned gun stores everywhere as well as the hardware store in my small town that sells ammo ... thank The Chinese Factory Outlet for reducing their competition for sales.

The Chinese Factory Outlet won't sell at all... my Pastor's daughter's deer hunting round for her pink AR and mini-14, nor my hunting round for the mini-30 (basically a 30 cal) 7.62x39
Chemist45 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm And my local gun shop will sell more ammo as a result.
This is a good thing.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

NotRPB wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:29 am Academy, Bass Pro, Cabelas and small "Mom and pop" owned gun stores everywhere as well as the hardware store in my small town that sells ammo ... thank The Chinese Factory Outlet for reducing their competition for sales.

The Chinese Factory Outlet won't sell at all... my Pastor's daughter's deer hunting round for her pink AR and mini-14, nor my hunting round for the mini-30 (basically a 30 cal) 7.62x39
Chemist45 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:47 pm And my local gun shop will sell more ammo as a result.
This is a good thing.
And there will be greater stocks at the online retailers and local gun shops without ChinaMart having inventory. Perhaps they can close their entire "sporting goods" section and expand the man buns and skinny jeans areas.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents
https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-dis ... -accidents

:lol::
"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:49 am Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents
https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-dis ... -accidents

:lol::
"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."
Classic! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 pm Image
:iagree:

ddstuder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ddstuder »

I have not set foot in a Walmart for more than 7 years.
When it became obvious they import most products from China and groceries from who knows where, I voted with my wallet to stop.

It has forced me to go back to the smaller local owned shops and support the small business environment which helps the community I live in.

I hope they go broke.
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

dlh

Post by dlh »

I read Walmart's corporate statement posted previously where its president wrote that no more .223 rounds will be sold or 7.62 by 39 because, well, they can be used in "high capacity" magazines.

How about the venerable .308...isn't it the ammo for the AR10 rifle that has a standard 20 round magazine?...cough...cough... Bet Walmart continues to sell that round.

Just more inconsistency and lack of logic from leftist corporate "do-gooders" from Gillette to Dick's and now Walmart. Corporations should stay out of politics as I thought their goals were to make money for their stockholders. Just my opinion.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ralewis

Post by ralewis »

Oldgringo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 pm
locke_n_load wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:18 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm I've never been a proponent of OC; therefore, 30.07 in any form upsets me not a bit. :tiphat:
I’ve never been a fan of revolvers so if Texas were to ban them, I wouldn’t care a bit. :biggrinjester:
Exactly. Just one more step closer to banning all carry. Normalize banning one, the other doesn't seem so hard to get rid of.
This is 2019, not 1856. I've never, intentionally, gone out of my way to attract attention.

Rightfully, or wrongly, I feel that in this day and time, civilian OC in heavily public places; e.g., shopping, entertainment, religious places, just ain't promoting, nor preserving, our overall 2A interests. YMMV?
I completely agree with Oldgringo here. Whataburger, HEB, Target, and many others with these policies appear to me to be saying we're ok with being agnostic to concealed carry. Doesn't seem that inconvenient to plan for this and just put your shirt over your holster when you go into one of these places. I have never been a fan of the 'lets educate the public' tactics of open carry. The public - even my liberal friends - seems to be mostly ok with Concealed Carry as it's not in their face.

We're fighting a perception problem, and no amount of rational discussion with statistics is going to convince the headline obsessed/political opportunistic class what the reality is. Statistically there is a 0% chance (well, more like 0.002% you are going to be impacted by terrorism and look at what where we are with TSA and overhead introduced with no-fly lists etc.

I just saw the TX Dems are pressing our Gov for a special session on gun violence. It may not happen, but the stage is being set for some serious attempts at legislative 'solutions'. My opinion at this point in time is we deal with the world the way it is and showcase the success of the CHL/LTC program and the complete absence of criminal activity by licensees. Maybe we can actually gain a little for the LTC folks by horse trading expanding Concealed Carry in return for what seems to be the inevitability of at least open carry restrictions -- specifically open carry Rifles.

As for background checks, LTC folks have that covered as we voluntarily submit to them every 5 years. I can't get too upset by expanding background checks since I have voluntarily done so 3 times here in TX (and multiple times in the military with security clearances.). If i have to pay $25 to get give my son a gun, so be it - maybe we negotiate for a sales tax credit or something to offset.

I"m also ok trying increase awareness so that folks feel empowered to make a phone call on somebody they think shouldn't' have access to a gun so the Police can do a welfare check. I'm not settled on the idea of "red flag' laws, but I personally would definitely call the police if somebody i knew with access to firearms was behaving significantly out of the norm.

Seems to be we're better off coming up with some constructive suggestions rather than being in defensive retreat.We're not going to like where this ends up if all we play is the 'shall not infringe' card.

hondo44
Banned

Post by hondo44 »

Oldgringo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:58 am
incredibly ridiculous. Walmart is a private company and has the right to set whatever policies it sees fit. If you don't like it, don't shop there.

I am shocked at the blatant disregard for private property rights with regard to Walmart.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

hondo44 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 am
Oldgringo wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:58 am
incredibly ridiculous. Walmart is a private company and has the right to set whatever policies it sees fit. If you don't like it, don't shop there.

I am shocked at the blatant disregard for private property rights with regard to Walmart.
Nobody has said that walmart does not have the right to set these policies. Many (including the NRA) have stated their disagreement with these policies. Have you seen people posting asking for legislative action to punish or prohibit Walmart from instituting this policy? I personally have not. I've seen people complain about the policy change and state they are not planning to shop there. Which is exactly what you are saying to do. So I'm confused as to what you are upset about.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Txtension

Post by Txtension »

ralewis wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:48 am i"m also ok trying increase awareness so that folks feel empowered to make a phone call on somebody they think shouldn't' have access to a gun so the Police can do a welfare check. I'm not settled on the idea of "red flag' laws, but I personally would definitely call the police if somebody i knew with access to firearms was behaving significantly out of the norm.
Sounds like normalizing Swatting gun owners, while sacrificing a good amount of 4th and 5th amendment.

There's nothing wrong with taking somebody's weapons, as long as that person has been convicted first, by a jury. Otherwise red flag laws are just a means for the anti's to weaponize the law/government against people and behavior, THEY, don't like.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”