carlson1
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Walmart has fallen!

Post by carlson1 »

TreyHouston wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:01 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:00 pm
TreyHouston wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am
carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:37 am
crazy2medic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 am The wife wants to grab a few things at wally world when I get off work today, I'll let ya'll know if they throw me out for open carrying!
Why would you take a chance of them telling you that your not allowed back with a firearm at all? I don’t agree with their policy, but it is their business. I wouldn’t want to take the. Vance of being told I can’t come back with a firearm.
You really think they would remember you?
The law doesn’t say if they remember you. I hope you are suggesting for anyone to break law.
4. No posting of messages promoting illegal conduct.
So if an employee of said company says “don’t come in here again” or what about just “leave”/ “Get out of there”, you are permanently banned from that store for life? Can an employee have that power?
I would also like to follow that up with this. A store posts 30.06. THIS gives you legal notice to not carry there. Next week the sign is gone BUT you have already been notified of their wishes and they remember you. Are you trespassing bringing your firearm in?
Third. How many times on this forum as people been told incorrectly that they can not carry in some specified location. Does that mean they are banned for life from carrying there?
4th- if not banned for life, then for how long? Management change, until that employee isn’t there anymore, verbal permission, written permission or what?

Hypothetically lets say when i was 16, the security guy caught me stealing smokes when they used to be on the end caps of the checkout lane and I was told I was banned for life. Should one still follow that 30 years later?

Side note- by no means am I encouraging ANYONE to break the law. These situations of lifetime consequences based on something VERBALLY said to me have never ever crossed my mind!

I am not answering your hypotheticals. If you OC in Walmart and the manager tells you leave and not to bring a gun back into the store. Then yes you cannot come back in that store with a gun - period. If they changed managers I would suggest getting written permission if their policy changes. If you are not to come back with a firearm then you are out OC and CC. Why take the chance?

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TreyHouston »

I appreciate the response. I will say however, the hypotheticals listed are situations talked about often on this forum.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I'm with Carlson. Just keep it concealed. It is still there for the purpose you supposedly got it for. Self defense. If you got it so you can show off your new BBQ gun, don't do it at Walmart.

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lena »

A café I frequent a lot told a customer if you choose to return here please cover your firearm before coming in, the OC person argued with him then he was then told NOT TO RETURN ever. Just another reason I do not OC in public. Unless at work here. Seen more negatives than positive , nuff said there.... The owner was very polite until the OC showed his rear end. So now an 07 sign in window all from this.

Comments?
Stay Safe

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 22

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Lena wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:24 pm A café I frequent a lot told a customer if you choose to return here please cover your firearm before coming in, the OC person argued with him then he was then told NOT TO RETURN ever. Just another reason I do not OC in public. Unless at work here. Seen more negatives than positive , nuff said there.... The owner was very polite until the OC showed his rear end. So now an 07 sign in window all from this.

Comments?
Yes, I have one. And there you have it. One self entitled person created an atmosphere of hostility rather than goodwill.

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

TreyHouston wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:51 am
carlson1 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:37 am
crazy2medic wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 am The wife wants to grab a few things at wally world when I get off work today, I'll let ya'll know if they throw me out for open carrying!
Why would you take a chance of them telling you that your not allowed back with a firearm at all? I don’t agree with their policy, but it is their business. I wouldn’t want to take the. Vance of being told I can’t come back with a firearm.
You really think they would remember you?
Sounds like you’ve never met Mr. Carlson. ;-)
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 7

Post by crazy2medic »

Just got home from Wally World, open carried my Para p14, nobody said a thing, I will continue to open carry there until they post the signs or tell me not to come into their store! Then I just go to a different store rinse and repeat!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

rotor
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rotor »

I wonder if you had one share of Walmart ( currently about $115) and had a copy of it with you would you be "someone of authority" (an owner) and declare yourself legally able to carry anyway you like. Technically you would be an owner of a small percentage of a store.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

Oldgringo wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:54 pm
Why poke the bear? Do you want 'em to put up signs that keep ALL of us from carrying?
:iagree: A part of me thinks that if they can make OC carry in all of these stores, the pressure behind this push to ban OC will try CC, too. We know that the gun grabbers and the people behind them are into incrementalism. They just keep chipping away at every opportunity.

That said, there is a fever pitch created by all of this and doing anything at all to keep it going or general an additional level of angst on the part of the public right now will likely be counterproductive. I always pray that we don't have any more mass shootings but we especially don't need another one right now. I don't think that the public attention span is all that long and if we can get a few weeks or even a couple of months with gun news in the news cycle, we can think about going back to broader OC. Until then, we have our collective guns pointed at our feet. Just my $.02 worth.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grayling813 »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:41 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:54 pm
Why poke the bear? Do you want 'em to put up signs that keep ALL of us from carrying?
:iagree: A part of me thinks that if they can make OC carry in all of these stores, the pressure behind this push to ban OC will try CC, too. We know that the gun grabbers and the people behind them are into incrementalism. They just keep chipping away at every opportunity.

That said, there is a fever pitch created by all of this and doing anything at all to keep it going or general an additional level of angst on the part of the public right now will likely be counterproductive. I always pray that we don't have any more mass shootings but we especially don't need another one right now. I don't think that the public attention span is all that long and if we can get a few weeks or even a couple of months with gun news in the news cycle, we can think about going back to broader OC. Until then, we have our collective guns pointed at our feet. Just my $.02 worth.
The left will probably get another mass killing when they need it to spur momentum again.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Keith B wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:34 pm Image
:mrgreen:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Plenty of ammo still on the shelves.
Texas CHL Forum blocked on their WiFi.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Late to chime in but here’s my $0.02...it is private business. They can do whatever they want, as they should. As for me, there are so many great online retailers and few local brick& mortar stores that WM is not a issue. Matter of fact, I’ve gotten just as good if not better deals online, with shipping baked in than WM.

I can get folks ticked off at WM, but it is their business. Let it be.

They have good prices on fish oil tho 🤷‍♂️

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

parabelum wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:55 pm Late to chime in but here’s my $0.02...it is private business. They can do whatever they want, as they should. As for me, there are so many great online retailers and few local brick& mortar stores that WM is not a issue. Matter of fact, I’ve gotten just as good if not better deals online, with shipping baked in than WM.

I can get folks ticked off at WM, but it is their business. Let it be.

They have good prices on fish oil tho 🤷‍♂️
Actually it’s my business. I’m a shareholder. I want all of you to open carry in my stores. My hired management CEO doesn’t, but unless he avails himself of the statutory mechanisms to bar you from carrying in Texas, I say just ignore him, though to avoid hassle you may want to conceal. :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”