My urologist, the gun nut....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

My urologist, the gun nut....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I had a follow up appointment with my urologist this morning. As I was walking into the exam room, I hear him talking down the hall to one of the other doctors, and he says, "Have you ever shot an AR?"

Thinking he was curious about them, when he walked into the room, I said, "If you’d like to try shooting an AR some day, I’m your man." He proceeds to tell me that he’s built several of them, and about the trouble he’s having getting a AR47 (a gas piston AR chambered in 7.62x39) he’s building to feed reliably, and we talked about machining feed ramps, etc. Turns out he does his own machining work. Then we talked hog-hunting, suppressors (he’s got two of them in ATF jail right now), Form 1 processing, SBRs, FLIR optics, suppressed Glock pistols and pistol caliber carbines, etc, etc.

I always wondered why his medical building isn’t posted 30.06/07, when every other building in that hospital/medical complex is. Now I know why.

I feel like my gun is in good hands with him. :biggrinjester:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My urologist, the gun nut....

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:24 pm I had a follow up appointment with my urologist this morning. As I was walking into the exam room, I hear him talking down the hall to one of the other doctors, and he says, "Have you ever shot an AR?"

Thinking he was curious about them, when he walked into the room, I said, "If you’d like to try shooting an AR some day, I’m your man." He proceeds to tell me that he’s built several of them, and about the trouble he’s having getting a AR47 (a gas piston AR chambered in 7.62x39) he’s building to feed reliably, and we talked about machining feed ramps, etc. Turns out he does his own machining work. Then we talked hog-hunting, suppressors (he’s got two of them in ATF jail right now), Form 1 processing, SBRs, FLIR optics, suppressed Glock pistols and pistol caliber carbines, etc, etc.

I always wondered why his medical building isn’t posted 30.06/07, when every other building in that hospital/medical complex is. Now I know why.

I feel like my gun is in good hands with him. :biggrinjester:
"rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

Excellent pun. :lol:

I think I told the story somewhere on the forum about my PCP...? Short version...
He was required to check the box a few years ago and ask about guns in the house... he said "since this is Texas, I know the answer but I'll mark no anyways, but, if you need a prescription for one let me know and I'll write it."

I replied: Do you think my pharmacy plan will cover it? :mrgreen:

If you're in need of a PCP in Grapevine, I'm happy to give you his info via PM. He was the head of Baylor GV for some time. Always punctual. Not afraid to scold me when required. :roll: Office is not posted, but, if I'm taking my clothes off, I lock it up in the car.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Did he charge you extra for the gun consultation? After all, he spent more time with you!

:biggrinjester: :thumbs2:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:32 pm Excellent pun. :lol:

I think I told the story somewhere on the forum about my PCP...? Short version...
He was required to check the box a few years ago and ask about guns in the house... he said "since this is Texas, I know the answer but I'll mark no anyways, but, if you need a prescription for one let me know and I'll write it."

If you're in need of a PCP in Grapevine, I'm happy to give you his info via PM. He was the head of Baylor GV for some time. Always punctual. Not afraid to scold me when required. :roll: Office is not posted, but, if I'm taking my clothes off, I lock it up in the car.
You should have had him write the prescription, just so you could frame it and hang it on the wall. :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

My old PCP was a big gun nut. The first time I saw him, he was wearing 5.11 tactical pants so I took that as a clue. Brought up hearing protection during my physical when shooting and we hit it off.

TAM, sounds like there is a vas deferens between this doctor and some not so shooting inclined. :cool:
Psalm 91:2

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RoyGBiv »

SQLGeek wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:04 pm TAM, sounds like there is a vas deferens between this doctor and some not so shooting inclined. :cool:
:hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

SQLGeek wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:04 pm My old PCP was a big gun nut. The first time I saw him, he was wearing 5.11 tactical pants so I took that as a clue. Brought up hearing protection during my physical when shooting and we hit it off.

TAM, sounds like there is a vas deferens between this doctor and some not so shooting inclined. :cool:
For the win!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:32 pm Excellent pun. :lol:

My PCP told me just last Wednesday to let him know if I ever get a job in a gun store, so I can get him the "employee discount".

#TINVOWOOT

orionengnr

Post by orionengnr »

My PCP is getting out of "Corporate Medicine" and opening his own practice. Similar kind of guy. Not sure if he is a shooter himself, but he gets it.

About ten years ago, when I got into handloading, asked him to start checking my lead levels annually.

No worries, no raised eyebrows, and (unlike my previous several PCPs), does not give me an annual questionnaire which includes "are there any firearms in the home" questions.

If you are in the north-of-DFW (Lewisville/Flower Mound/Highland Village) area, and would like a doctor like this, contact me and I will forward his name and contact info.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

orionengnr wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:15 pm My PCP is getting out of "Corporate Medicine" and opening his own practice. Similar kind of guy. Not sure if he is a shooter himself, but he gets it.

About ten years ago, when I got into handloading, asked him to start checking my lead levels annually.

No worries, no raised eyebrows, and (unlike my previous several PCPs), does not give me an annual questionnaire which includes "are there any firearms in the home" questions.

If you are in the north-of-DFW (Lewisville/Flower Mound/Highland Village) area, and would like a doctor like this, contact me and I will forward his name and contact info.
Likewise, if you’re in the Colleyville/Grapevine/Midcities area, my PCP is in Colleyville, and my urologist is in Grapevine. PM me if you want the deets.

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”