Home Carry?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Home carry?

Do you carry at all times at home?
35
43%
Do you keep it close and instead of on you?
42
52%
Do you put it up and grab a different HDgun?
4
5%
 
Total votes: 81


Topic author
cmgee67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Home Carry?

#1

Post by cmgee67 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:52 pm

In recent light of many Home invasions while people are home, I’ve decided home Carry is important. I thought this poll would be fun to discus. If you never know when you will need it while out and about, doesn’t that carry over to home life as well?

User avatar

Jago668
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am

Re: Home Carry?

#2

Post by Jago668 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 pm

I keep my normal carry strapped to me. Two exceptions, shower, and sleeping in which case it's nearby.
NRA Benefactor Member

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8876
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Home Carry?

#3

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm

I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:


Topic author
cmgee67
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1558
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Re: Home Carry?

#4

Post by cmgee67 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:30 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm
I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:

"rlol"


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: Home Carry?

#5

Post by striker55 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:35 pm

I have three within 20 feet, since we have no children in our house they are not hidden. Loaded ready to rock and roll. Now if I step out of my house, even for a minute it's on me.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 25509
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Home Carry?

#6

Post by The Annoyed Man » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm

I don’t usually carry at home, unless I’m walking down to the mailbox....and even then, not always. It kind of depends on if I’m going back out of the house again. That said, I have several guns more or less immediately to hand around the house, including my two primary HD weapons—a 5.56 SBR, and a 9mm Glock—both suppressed. Between the storm doors, the dogs, the security system cameras, etc., there’s not a much chance that someone could get into my house before I could have a gun deployed.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2865
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Home Carry?

#7

Post by flechero » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Jago668 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 pm
I keep my normal carry strapped to me. Two exceptions, shower, and sleeping in which case it's nearby.
That's me too... if I'm dressed I'm carrying.

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: Home Carry?

#8

Post by Lynyrd » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Unless I'm in the shower, or the bed, or for some other reason not dressed, I'm carrying. Even then there is always a gun within 20 feet or so. They all have one in the pipe too.

I'm sitting in my recliner right now with my laptop, and a .45 is on my side.
Do what you say you're gonna do.


FastCarry
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Home Carry?

#9

Post by FastCarry » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Ill ashamed to admit but over the last couple of years I actually havent been carrying much even out and about. In the last few weeks though its been nothing but bad news in my city, ive been getting into the practice of carrying again. Im thinking about swapping from an 8+1 1911 to a 15+1 EDC, but on my nightstand i keep an M17 with RDS and light. Dont carry around the house unless im coming home and stay dressed and holstered for a lil while.


Jose_in_Dallas
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Re: Home Carry?

#10

Post by Jose_in_Dallas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:03 pm

I live in a somewhat bad neighborhood and work mostly from home so I carry all the time unless in the shower/rest room or asleep and even then it's within reaching distance. I carry either a Glock 17/19 or a 1911 and even then I keep either my AR or shotgun nearby.


pushpullpete
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: Home Carry?

#11

Post by pushpullpete » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:54 pm

cmgee67 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:30 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm
I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:

"rlol"
haha.... T M I

But yes, if not on me then one is within reach.
:txflag: :patriot:


longtooth
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 12192
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Re: Home Carry?

#12

Post by longtooth » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 am

Carry 24-7 means carry 24-7. From young teen if Mom asked, "Do you have your knife on you???" My answer was, "I have my pants on."
Only thing that has changed at 70 is I have added a defense knife along with my pocket knife and if I have my pants on I have a gun on.
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11


bfm1851
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Home Carry?

#13

Post by bfm1851 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm
I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:
Have you tried a better gun belt?? "rlol"

I have one of those four legged alarm systems too. Gives me plenty of time to get my handgun which is always within reach, you can not even get on property before she goes off.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8876
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Home Carry?

#14

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 am

bfm1851 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm
I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:
Have you tried a better gun belt?? "rlol"

I have one of those four legged alarm systems too. Gives me plenty of time to get my handgun which is always within reach, you can not even get on property before she goes off.
Now there's an idea, so I thought I would google to see if they had anything on the net. For the sake of all that's holy, do yourself a favor and DO NOT type underwear belt into google search! :tiphat:

User avatar

Jago668
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am

Re: Home Carry?

#15

Post by Jago668 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 am
bfm1851 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 am
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm
I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:
Have you tried a better gun belt?? "rlol"

I have one of those four legged alarm systems too. Gives me plenty of time to get my handgun which is always within reach, you can not even get on property before she goes off.
Now there's an idea, so I thought I would google to see if they had anything on the net. For the sake of all that's holy, do yourself a favor and DO NOT type underwear belt into google search! :tiphat:
This is what a shoulder rig is for.
NRA Benefactor Member

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”