Has Sig Fixed P320's

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Has Sig Fixed P320's

Post by carlson1 »

I have a good friend who I went to Bible College with in another life. He has always carried a revolver up until now. He called and he was telling me he is wanting a Sig P320X Carry. I was telling him I knew at one they had some issues and he said he had not heard of the problems Sigs had.

Is there anyone that carrys a Sig P320X Carry? Have you had any issues with it. He is also wanting to use a Romeo reflex sight with it because his eye sight has really went down. Looking for those who have or is carrying one and for those who has some links to find out a little more about the P320X Carry.

Ed4032
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Has Sig Fixed P320's

Post by Ed4032 »

I have the subcompact and the compact size. They both run like sewing machines. Made me put the M&Ps in the safe.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Scott B. »

Any 320 made since Nov/Dec 2017 is fine. Older than that, it's easy to check if it's had the voluntary upgrade work done.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Sig changed to a new red dot footprint they're calling "R2". Their new Romeo1Pro red dot fits this footprint which happens to be the same as Leopold's DeltapointPro.

There are deals to be had on Sig X guns with the R1 footprint and RXs with original Romeo1 red dot already mounted.

The difference is footprint size and battery life. Romeo1 was listed as 5k hours, Romeo1Pro is 20k hours. It's a top loading battery in the Romeo1 and Romeo1Pro so not as big an issue as with RMRs.

If he wants to go new, make sure the pistol product code (SKU) ends with an R2. R1 won't be noted at all in the original guns.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 pm Sig changed to a new red dot footprint they're calling "R2". Their new Romeo1Pro red dot fits this footprint which happens to be the same as Leopold's DeltapointPro.

Does this mean a DeltaPoint Pro can be mounted directly to the slide without a mounting plate that would raise the RDS?

Thanks,
Chas.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:16 pm
Scott B. wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:13 pm Sig changed to a new red dot footprint they're calling "R2". Their new Romeo1Pro red dot fits this footprint which happens to be the same as Leopold's DeltapointPro.

Does this mean a DeltaPoint Pro can be mounted directly to the slide without a mounting plate that would raise the RDS?

Thanks,
Chas.
I don’t know much about red dots for pistols, but I sure was wishing I had one on my Sig P365XL. Just glancing around the Sig Romeo Zero looks like it was made just for the P365XL. There is a big price difference in that and the DeltaPoint. The Romeo appears to be mostly plastic including the lens.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Thanks,
Chas.
Exactly right. I've mounted a few DeltapointPros for area officers. Direct mount, no plate, thread pitch for the screws is also correct.

If you want to 'co-witness', which we could discuss the pros and cons of, you'll want to run Dawson Precision extra tall sights. I have a few sets left and probably won't restock as the Romeo1Pros roll online. They can utilize the SIGLITE or Xray3 suppressor height sights.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Thanks,
Chas.
I don’t know much about red dots for pistols, but I sure was wishing I had one on my Sig P365XL. Just glancing around the Sig Romeo Zero looks like it was made just for the P365XL. There is a big price difference in that and the DeltaPoint. The Romeo appears to be mostly plastic including the lens.
The Shield optic and the RomeoZero optic, use the same footprint, and will fit the XL. Nothing else out yet will natively fit the XL.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The Shield and Romeo Zero is someone imagination because I have never seen them in stock. I guess now that have $0 they will be in stock everywhere. :lol:

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm The Shield and Romeo Zero is someone imagination because I have never seen them in stock. I guess now that have $0 they will be in stock everywhere. :lol:
Sig has been telling my January for the zero. We shall see if that happens :cool:

Shield's are few and far between and that's all I know about them, that and the $$.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Scott B. wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:44 pm

Thanks,
Chas.
Exactly right. I've mounted a few DeltapointPros for area officers. Direct mount, no plate, thread pitch for the screws is also correct.

If you want to 'co-witness', which we could discuss the pros and cons of, you'll want to run Dawson Precision extra tall sights. I have a few sets left and probably won't restock as the Romeo1Pros roll online. They can utilize the SIGLITE or Xray3 suppressor height sights.
Thanks. That's what every optics-ready manufacturer should be doing. I realize there are a growing number of RDS variants coming into the market, but firearms manufacturers could have the slides milled for the DPP and RMR, then offer mounting plates for other sights that choose to use a different mounting geometry.

Chas.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Post by montgomery »

Thanks,
Chas.
Yes, the DPP is mounted directly to the slide with no adapter. I am running this on my P320X Carry. Torque the (2) screws to 25 inch-pounds.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”