Closed gun ranges

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

iratollah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Closed gun ranges

Post by iratollah »

Bayou Rifles in Houston just announced closure of both Addicks and Juliff ranges.
I wonder how many members are going to ask to have their membership prorated? Probably the same ones who won't take home their own trash they brought to the range.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

QB

Post by QB »

Eagle Gun range announced their gun store is open but not their shooting range.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

equin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by equin »

The Terrell Rifle and Pistol Club is still open. However, when I called the Kaufman County Sheriff’s Department to clarify whether the excepted “outdoor activities” includes target shooting at a private, outdoor range, they emphatically said it did not. So although it’s open, I may run the risk of getting a hefty ticket if a deputy is called by a neighbor.
Ed

Greybeard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Greybeard »

"I may run the risk of getting a hefty ticket if a deputy is called by a neighbor."

You might want to check out the "ticket" risk. Some penalties I have seen mentioned could cost folks their LTC for 7 years ......
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

NTSA in Sanger just posted that it is opening today, but everyone must follow CDC recommendations.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

DHS Says Gun Manufacturers, Dealers, Ranges ‘Essential’

https://www.libertyparkpress.com/dhs-sa ... essential/
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

equin

Post by equin »

Greybeard wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:46 pm "I may run the risk of getting a hefty ticket if a deputy is called by a neighbor."

You might want to check out the "ticket" risk. Some penalties I have seen mentioned could cost folks their LTC for 7 years ......
Wow, well that’s even worse. Thanks for sharing that.
Ed

equin

Post by equin »

flowrie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm DHS Says Gun Manufacturers, Dealers, Ranges ‘Essential’

https://www.libertyparkpress.com/dhs-sa ... essential/
Yes, I saw that update. Unfortunately, it’s advisory only, provided more for guidance to state and local authorities as they issue these orders. It’s not federal law.

Granted, I’m not objecting to local authorities’ attempts to mitigate the spread and fight this pandemic. I’m not trying to be selfish and recklessly throw caution to the wind. I understand and agree with shelter-in-place orders to save lives as this new virus wreaks havoc upon so many victims and their families.

Nonetheless, I’m glad these orders recognize the health and psychological benefits of excepting “outdoor activities,” such as walking, running, biking, etc. I just think that going to a private outdoor range should also be included as an allowable “outdoor activity.” I believe it poses an extremely low risk of contracting or unknowingly transmitting any virus as long as proper social distancing is observed. My range is way out in a rural area of Kaufman County, and it has enough bays and space that one can easily distance themselves from any other member that shows up.
Ed

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I won't be going to any ranges for now because I need to save my ammo. Retired fixed income and I don't have a lot of ammo.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

The Range at Austin shooting range is open. From their web page: "The retail store and shooting range are open 10 AM to 4 PM." https://www.therangeaustin.com/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

I belong to a private range on the south side of Houston. It was closed on Thursday. I had just finished loading up a bunch of rifle and pistol ammo when I got the email. Now I’m starting to get withdrawal symptoms. :grumble :grumble :grumble

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

"Today, Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order implementing Essential Services and Activities Protocols for Texas that will override previous local orders and be in effect through April 30th.

The protocols allow exceptions for essential activities and services based on the Department of Homeland Security's guidelines on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce, which includes "workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges.""

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Res ... CquyzoEDZE
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”