looking for 9mm ammo

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 3

looking for 9mm ammo

Post by bobby »

I just asking as I need 500 rds for a 3 day class for next weekend. Any Ideas??? online order looks like 15th to 20th del...
:txflag:

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: looking for 9mm ammo

Post by Tex1961 »

Have you tried Texas gun trader or Armslist

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

bobby wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 pm I just asking as I need 500 rds for a 3 day class for next weekend. Any Ideas??? online order looks like 15th to 20th del...
Ammo Man has two options. Federal 115 grain and Blazer Brass 124 grain. Both show available now. I don't know how long shipping takes. By next weekend I am assuming you don't mean Easter weekend.

https://www.ammoman.com/9mm-luger?jacket_type=27

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

bobby wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:07 pm I just asking as I need 500 rds for a 3 day class for next weekend. Any Ideas??? online order looks like 15th to 20th del...
You waited until the weekend before to buy ammo for a 3 day class???? In this environment??? You are either an eternal optimist or normally very lucky! :lol:

Wait a minute! You are enough into this that you'll take a 3 day class but you don't have 500 rounds of ammo at home?!?!?!?! :eek6 Most around here misplace that much while just organizing the rest! "rlol"

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

flechero wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:50 am
You waited until the weekend before to buy ammo for a 3 day class???? In this environment??? You are either an eternal optimist or normally very lucky! :lol:

Wait a minute! You are enough into this that you'll take a 3 day class but you don't have 500 rounds of ammo at home?!?!?!?! :eek6 Most around here misplace that much while just organizing the rest! "rlol"
True that. I have more than 500 rounds of 9mm and only one of my many are chambered for 9mm :roll:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

well in reply to the folks getting a laugh at me.
1. I do have enough rounds for the class but the instructor just informed me no reloads... factory only, I have just enough for the class but want to confirm zero on the pistols I'm using. plus some range time before next week. Just being careful and making sure I have the ammo is all.
:txflag:

Lena

Post by Lena »

I have heard this now from 3 people saying the same thing I have to join the crowd of I cant believe it being said, I do know of some for sale Winchester 115 but he as openly said it aint going to be cheap! I did ask price, DFW area $50 box take it or leave it was said high yes off the scale yes but for sale will trade for primers and powder though, I saw some yesterday in Quitman Tx for $40/50bx but available.

With all said my thoughts here would be to contact the instructor and ask with all the things now could I shoot my reloads?
Oh the choices to make!
For the right price it can be had. So glad we saw all this coming and prepared for it months back.
Not being negative to anyone just surprised me to see this again.
I have been contacted from my son's friends also for ammo, told them the same thing. Obamma taught us well.
Good luck on your searching.
Some ranges do have ammo for rental guns have you asked them to sell you any?
Stay Safe

Lena

Post by Lena »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 pm
Ammo Man has two options. Federal 115 grain and Blazer Brass 124 grain. Both show available now. I don't know how long shipping takes. By next weekend I am assuming you don't mean Easter weekend.

https://www.ammoman.com/9mm-luger?jacket_type=27
Over night shipping is available if you need it, asked all your friends also? How are you stocked on components for a trade?
Stay Safe

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

bobby wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:16 am well in reply to the folks getting a laugh at me.
1. I do have enough rounds for the class but the instructor just informed me no reloads... factory only, I have just enough for the class but want to confirm zero on the pistols I'm using. plus some range time before next week. Just being careful and making sure I have the ammo is all.
Bobby, I assume this was directed towards me.... My apologies if I offended you. I was just trying having some good clean fun with it.

:tiphat:

Also a fellow reloader... Even though I still have plenty of left over factory ammo, I hate having to shoot it for classes... my reloads have proven more reliable than certain factory ammo and shoot better in my guns.

Lena

Post by Lena »

New Scheels has in stock and pick up available took 5 minutes for locate $10-15/bx, are you on Grab A Gun wait list?
Stay Safe

MP214

Post by MP214 »

Sorry I haven't read through all of the responses yet but did want to mention that I bought some 9mm from Lucky Gunner about a week ago and it arrived within 2 days. Looks like they still have some: https://www.luckygunner.com/handgun/9mm-ammo

Good luck!

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Are you in or near San Antonio? Alamo Ammo has some.

https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/9mm
-Ruark

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

I was in Cabela's today in Buda.
They had Winchester 9mm factory ammo.
500 round box $99.95
Limit one.
There were still some left at 2pm.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”