Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Stimulus checks

Post by longtooth »

flechero wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:23 pm
longtooth wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:23 pm
flechero wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:13 pm
parabelum wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:08 pm Y’all are getting checks?
my thoughts too... :roll:
Well it got some conversation going on a very boring night before a Glorious Sunday Morning. :thumbs2:
Just a little jealous is all. :tiphat:

Edited....

I'm super thankful to be in a position that I don't need it, but I do wish I could say I was buying a XXXX with my check!
flechero I am thankful to be in the same. Prolly not as well off as MANY but we don't need much either. That is why I am going to put it where it will help others. I know Tucker Gunleather has been passed to a younger guy several years ago. The shoe store friend only bought it in December. He is in pretty tough shape. The 2 guys I will get the belts from are young too and just starting. One has a day job and works evenings and nights getting started. We are both 70+ a little and have a heart for the younger working generation.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 1

Post by maverick2076 »

My neighbor has a small landscape company. We will be using it to pay him to pour a concrete patio in our backyard. I was originally going to build a wood deck, but this will last longer and put money in the hands of a small business.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

I've been holding up a typical suburban "privacy" fence with chewing gum and paper clips. It's time to find a good, reputable, licensed, insured, reasonably-priced, 2A-supporting company in the northwest quadrant of Houston to put a new one in from post hole cement up. If anybody can refer the right contractor, just drop me a private message. :smile:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 14

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:37 pm I've been holding up a typical suburban "privacy" fence with chewing gum and paper clips. It's time to find a good, reputable, licensed, insured, reasonably-priced, 2A-supporting company in the northwest quadrant of Houston to put a new one in from post hole cement up. If anybody can refer the right contractor, just drop me a private message. :smile:
I would be surprised if you can get a "privacy" fence done for 1200 dollars. Here in Plano it runs 7500 and up.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

If I actually get one, I am not sure. May add to my semi newly formed wheel gun collection. Then again, can’t go wrong with ammo
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I am fortunate enough to keep working through all of this madness that the check won't have to be used for bills. I am going to try to stretch the check for about 2.5 acres of fence. That is once all this blows over and I know I won't need it for daily life.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:41 pm
Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:37 pm I've been holding up a typical suburban "privacy" fence with chewing gum and paper clips. It's time to find a good, reputable, licensed, insured, reasonably-priced, 2A-supporting company in the northwest quadrant of Houston to put a new one in from post hole cement up. If anybody can refer the right contractor, just drop me a private message. :smile:
I would be surprised if you can get a "privacy" fence done for 1200 dollars. Here in Plano it runs 7500 and up.
Well, I'm talking a 55' section of 6' tall basic pressure treated pine dogeared stockade fencing. So far I've had two quotes with $23 per linear foot the highest of the two. Only one side, not the whole thing, and that side does not have the alternating your-side-my-side thing. It faces a greenbelt easement, and there's no gate. It's a small backyard and that's the longest side. Seems I should be able to bring it in under $1,500 or thereabouts.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

remington79

Post by remington79 »

I’m not sure what I’m going to spend my check on yet. There is one thing though that all my friends and family agree on and that is we are going to make sure whatever we get with it if at all possible is not made in China.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

papabear

Post by papabear »

I like all these ideas. I dont trust or goverment but If I get one i will will look here again.

howdy

Post by howdy »

I will receive the money because my "income" as a retired person is under the required amount. I don't believe in means testing for government benefits, but in this case, income does not show one's "need" for this money. My wife and I live very comfortably on our investments and savings. My investment adviser does a good job of keeping my taxable income down while increasing my net worth. I will take the money and spend it locally to try and help the small business owner. I know part of the reason almost everyone gets this money is to be an economic stimulus. They want us to spend it. At the same time, I worry about the deficit and borrowing more money China.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

Bought a cow that's 5 month breed, a 10 month old calf, and a hay spear. Thinking I just need to pay myself back. Ill use the rest for some round bales to provide through winter.

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

papabear wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:35 am I like all these ideas. I dont trust or goverment but If I get one i will will look here again.
Good deal sir. If I can help come see me. After all this is over we need a coffee break and a shoot.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

cheezit wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:48 pm Bought a cow that's 5 month breed, a 10 month old calf, and a hay spear. Thinking I just need to pay myself back. Ill use the rest for some round bales to provide through winter.
All that is local so will help the local small business. Never thought about self payback. I do have a DC-3 ordered from Tucker right now and yesterday evening late after church I did manage to use old parts and leather from 4 holsters and build an ugly but very functional Chesty Puller rig so I can stay armed while on the tractor. We are really starting to see crime escalate here in Angelina County. I live on the daughters 20+ acres but am very visible and just off the oil top rd. Don't like it when I have had to put one in the tractor tool box and not on my person. Bucket and blade controls hang a holster getting on and off. Huuumm, that may be another thread though.

flechero

Tractor ideas

Post by flechero »

Longtooth- Depending on how your loader attaches, there is usually a perfect space for a scabbard to attach to the side of the hood in front of your left knee. This may be the first time it's been an advantage to be a lefty. :lol: For handgun, you might look at shifting your holster position back a little to the 4-5 O'clock position as that gets the width of the gun off the point of your hip and [for me anyway] keeps you from banging it on stuff. Also [again for me] it's actually very comfortable that far back... but I mostly carry single stacks.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

No check for this household. And I am finding it disturbing that "There is no minimum income threshold. Even if you make $0 you qualify for the $1,200 payment."
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”