Glock 21 holster suggestions

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Glock 21 holster suggestions

Post by cmgee67 »

I have been trying to find a good holster for my 21. I recently picked up a very nice police trade in 21 to carry with me in the woods and while I am hunting. I have tried a couple different holsters now and haven’t liked them. One came broken from the factory of safariland. I have looked at the gunfighters inc kenai chest holster and some other safariland and other brands. This is not a concealed carry gun so I’m not looking for something iwb. What do you use for your 21?

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock 21 holster suggestions

Post by oljames3 »

Safariland 7378 7TS ALS Paddle/Slide combo. Assuming you have the 21 and not the 21c: https://www.safariland.com/products/hol ... e&start=88

Sorry about your bad Safariland experience. My father, one of my sons, and I carry our M&P9 pistols in the Safariland 7TS ALS. One of the reasons my son chose the ALS is that it very securely holds his M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4" while he is riding his Harley-Davidson 750 Street Rod. I had the same concern about my M&P9 M2.0 5" for those times I am walking across fields and terrain obstacles to recover my sport rockets and for carrying openly. I bought the ALS for my 86 year old father to ensure he had a holster that would keep his M&P9 M2.0 Compact 4" where it was supposed to be, yet allow easy access.

The combo above comes with a paddle and a belt slide. My son likes the paddle, I don't. We all carry OWB.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Glock 21 holster suggestions

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve got the 7TS als for another gun and love it. I bought the older 6378 version with the ALS for the 21. It was terrible. It would stick inside the holster and wouldn’t draw smooth. The suede was wearing the finish on the gun after a few draws and I couldn’t get the retention right. I will probably take your advice and get the 7TS for it.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”