Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 7

Post by stevie_d_64 »

gigag04 wrote:+1 for me only.

Also - we can't carry there right?

-nick
You cannot...Aggies are not allowed to carry...opps...I just aggie'd myself...crud...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

gigag04 wrote:Also - we can't carry there right?

-nick
PSC is a "cold" range. You can carry, you can have live ammo on the belt, but the pistol has to be empty with the hammer down. Marc will go over the range rules in detail at the range. A shorthand version is 1) handle ammo anywhere, except at the safety table; 2) handle your gun only at the safety table and on the firing line.

Regards,
Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

dws1117 wrote:Will there be something set up s that we can identify each other? I would assume that forum members will not be the only ones at the range. Maybe a name tag with our screen names?
I am going to generate name badges, but I'll need everyone's real name and screen name, if you folks want that included. Please email me your real names and screen names so I can get them done before Oct. 29th.

Chas.

j1132s
Posts in topic: 1

Is there any schedule/activities published somewhere ?

Post by j1132s »

I read thru the past posts, seems like there's some date changes and activity discussions. Just to summarize what I've gathered, please correct any mistakes/incomplete info that you see. E.g. what time does the event start/finish ?

*** Also, I don't see costs/pricing info being mentioned anywhere.

--------- start of summary, which may be incorrect -------------------
The date is 10/29/05, MUST RSVP by 10/22/05 to reserve food by Bun Stuffers (otherwise bring your own luch). Send email and post to stickly topic.

Activities:
IPSC, IDPA, Texas stars, steel plate racks, instructional, open shooting
CHL new license, renewal classes
gun cleaning/maintenance, lunch,

It is planned as a family affair, but there's _not_ going to be a special play area for children.

------------------- end of my unreliable summary -------------

I'm very interested in coming, but it really depends on my wife. Will be trying to convince her today. I/wife can also help w/ baby sitting if I do come since I have a 5yr old.

Here's a fortune from a fortune cookie I just ate, I wonder if it has anything to do w/ the upcoming event here:
http://www.employees.org/~ctai/misc/fortune.jpg

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 7

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Thats an interesting fortune cookie...

Quick, go get that lottery ticket tonight!!!

I have a feeling...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Is there any schedule/activities published somewhere ?

j1132s wrote: What time does the event start/finish ?
Shooting will start at 9:00 AM and we'll end around 3:00 PM. There is no "match," so people can come in and out as they wish.
j1132s wrote: Also, I don't see costs/pricing info being mentioned anywhere.
It's free; sponsored by PSC-IDPA.
j1132s wrote:The date is 10/29/05, MUST RSVP by 10/22/05 to reserve food by Bun Stuffers (otherwise bring your own luch).
We have not come close to meeting the 30 person minimum limit for the Bun Stuffers to come, so I'm not sure what we're going to do about lunch. PSC has a nice grill, but since we don't know how many people are coming, we don't know how much food to buy. We'll probably have to say BYOF. We'll provide drinks.

j1132s wrote:Activities:
IPSC, IDPA, Texas stars, steel plate racks, instructional, open shooting, CHL new license, renewal classes, gun cleaning/maintenance, . . .
No CHL classes; far too few people are coming and there is no indication of a need for classes. Everything else is on, except for the gun cleaning/maintenance/custom pistolsmith work seminar. I'm trying to line up a pistolsmith that has built or modified my guns for many years, but I don't know if he'll be able to come.
j1132s wrote:I'm very interested in coming, but it really depends on my wife. Will be trying to convince her today. I/wife can also help w/ baby sitting if I do come since I have a 5yr old.
I hope you can make it. We would like to see as many wifes, girlfriends (I would not suggest bringing both :lol: ) and kids as possible, as we really would like to make this a family outing. Any kind of club-sponsored baby-sitting fell victim to the club's insurance policy.

Regards,
Chas.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Is there any schedule/activities published somewhere ?

Post by gigag04 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:We would like to see as many wifes, girlfriends (I would not suggest bringing both :lol: )
Bringing both may lead to you prospecting some new business charles!

:lol:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

If you're still counting, I plan on heading out to this. It will just be me ... unless one of you guys with a wife and a girlfiend needs me to keep one busy :wink:

dws1117
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dws1117 »

Charles, would it be possible to sticky this more current version of this thread?

Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

I'm wondering what I need to bring for the shoot. I read the rules at http://www.psc-range.com/PSC_Range_Rules_200405.html, but I want to make sure I don't forget anything. I'm used to shooting at a range where I can pick up a lot of the things I need. Anything you can think of that I don't have listed?

Guns and ammo (get the obvious stuff out of the way :D )
Hearing protection
Eye protection (do my regular glasses qualify?)
Targets
Staple gun
Cap with a brim
Lunch

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Kaizen:
I think that covers it. We'll have some IDPA targets folks can use, but not regular bullseye targets.

Chas.

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KinnyLee »

I may have missed this on the earlier posts, but what type of firearms are allow to bring/use? Pistol of course, but what about rifles and carbines and shotguns?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

KinnyLee wrote:I may have missed this on the earlier posts, but what type of firearms are allow to bring/use? Pistol of course, but what about rifles and carbines and shotguns?
We'll only have access to the pistol bays and the plate racks, as well as the "Blue Building" (i.e. classroom). We can/will give a tour of the range, but with about 1,500 members, we couldn't shutdown the entire range.

Regards,
Chas.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dws1117 »

Rimfire pistols ok?

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

UPDATE

Remember, the TexasCHLforum Day at PSC is this Saturday (10/29/05) from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM. This must not have been a very good weekend to choose, as we have only 10 RSVP's, in addition to Marc and I. Hopefully, we'll have more people coming, but it looks like it's going to be a very small gathering. (We're used to 180 people or more at the Texas State IDPA Championship.)

As noted earlier, we didn't have the minimum 30 RSVP's to get the Bun Stuffers to cook for us. So, we are going to buy food and drinks for the number of folks who have sent an RSVP, plus a margin for a few extra people and we'll be grilling burgers at the range.

With this few folks, it's not practical to have seminars. We don't want people to go a seminar they care nothing about, nor could we get speakers to address an audience of 2! :oops:

We will have IDPA/IPSC style scenarios in two bays (4 scenarios total) ranging from simple to complex in nature. We'll have the Texas Star and plate racks, as well as open shooting bays. I will bring my chronograph in case anyone wants to chrono any loads.

If you think you are coming and haven’t sent an RSVP, please do so.

Regards,
Chas.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”