CZ fans tell me what you think

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

CZ fans tell me what you think

Post by philip964 »

Friend is wanting to by their first gun. (now guns)

Started asking about Glock. I have shot them, so I could give my feelings.

Now asking about CZ, wants to buy the whole line up. Apparently watching a lot of You tube videos.

I know nothing about CZ.

Reliable?

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CZ fans tell me what you think

Post by parabelum »

I’ve owned several over the years, SP01 Phantom, SP01 Tactical, BD75 and they have all been 100%. Never had one single hiccup. As much as I love Glocks the CZs I’ve had had actually been even more reliable and fit my hands better. Only drawback for me was the weight. And then I tried the Canik....sweet shooter and very reliable, great weight and awesome feeling gun.
Overall there’s nothing that would not make me own at least one. Just me.

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

I have 97BD (.45 cal), and these in 9mm: 85 Combat, 75 (pre-B, no firing pin block) and my EDC is a 2075 Rami. In CZ designation, B means firing pin block, and D means decocker. The 2075 Rami has both.
All very reliable, never a problem, they all eat any ammo I feed them. Probably the best feeling handguns I own.
I will say the 97 has a large grip that doesn't work well if the shooter has small hands. The distance from the back of the strap to the front of the trigger is longer than most handguns, but I've got big hands, and it isn't a problem for me.
I've never owned a Glock, shot several. I actually used a Glock to shoot my CHL qualification. But I never liked the feel of a Glock in my hand. The first time I held a CZ, it was like it was built to fit my grip.

If your friend does get into CZ handgun ownership, let him/her know about Cajun Gun Works and CZ Customs. But if he/she has been watching YouTube videos on CZ, probably already knows about them.

Can''t go wrong purchasing CZ, other than loss of weight from your wallet. :mrgreen:
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I did not shoot a lot of CZ, I have only one. But the only CZ that I shot and I was like :shock: :shock: :shock:
is CZ Shadow Target II.
Trigger was like a dream in single and double action (smooth). I would place 3 shots in the same place at 3-5yards
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01- ... cz-custom/
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

eieio1

Post by eieio1 »

Hold / shoot one and you will own one...or more. Especially the PCR.
Last edited by eieio1 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
NRA RSO
NRA Instructor - Rifle and Shotgun

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

I hope to be fan very soon. I have a CZ 97B on order; take maybe a week to get it.
Based on the comments, larger hands are a + due to the double stack; not a problem for me.

The extra weight of the firearm (at ~2 lbs) will also be fine for me.
.45 ACP deserves a solid launch platform.

Overall, I hear they are well-made and reliable - a consistent theme from what I've read and seen.
Just what I need.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Used to own a P-07 and enjoyed it. Only got rid of it as I was consolidating down to HK for my defensive pistols. I have not shot a P-10c but have heard a lot of good things about them as far as striker fired guns go. Ergos are similar to the P-07 I had so should be a comfortable grip.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

My son owns the CZ 75B Omega. It is a tack driver. I like shooting his so much, that I ordered 2 CZ’s this week. A 75B in Matte Stainless, and an SP-01 in FDE. Hopefully, I will have them in my hands by Wednesday. I agree that if you hold one, you will want one. I carry OWB exclusively, and OC the majority of the time. The weight of the gun has never been an issue for me, but it is a consideration for some. The 75B compact is a little lighter and still holds 14 rounds. Whichever version your friend chooses, practice will be essential. DA/SA requires a different set of muscle memory, be ingrained than with a striker fired gun. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Just about any CZ is a good option. Some are better at specific purposes, but they are mostly all great functioning guns. P10 series is their striker fired models that are very popular. The 75 series is their steel framed guns and their SP01 Tactical is one of the best double/single guns on the market. A comoany in louisiana is know for their outstanding work on these guns, Cajun Gun Works.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:41 am I did not shoot a lot of CZ, I have only one. But the only CZ that I shot and I was like :shock: :shock: :shock:
is CZ Shadow Target II.
Trigger was like a dream in single and double action (smooth). I would place 3 shots in the same place at 3-5yards
https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01- ... cz-custom/
Thanks for all the great reviews. I understand CZ shadow target II is like $2000. I guess that’s why the shock symbol x 3

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

AndyC wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:25 pm
philip964 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:38 pm Reliable?
Very much so. Accurate, too.
I’ll vouch as well..
Acurate, reliable, comfortable.
The CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical starts out at about an 8/10. Let Cajun take it for a minute and you have a buttery smooth action, polished internals, crisp single stage, slick light double action pull. I need one...

circumspice_tuebor

Post by circumspice_tuebor »

IMHO well-built, reliable firearms. I have a Shadow 2, P-10C, P-09, and (not a pistol) 805 BREN S1. Shadow 2 is every bit as good as my STI 2011, maybe better, and was less expensive.The 805 is my favorite non-AR semi-auto rifle.

I think they are good values as well, even the $$ ones.
Micah 6:8

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

Took a new CZ75B to the range today and was super impressed with it right out of the box

SpringerFan

Post by SpringerFan »

CZ P-09 is my nightstand pistol, what I'll grab if I don't have time to get to something bigger. 20 rounds of HST on tap, in a soft shooting, insanely accurate package.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”