Let’s talk .22 pistols

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

llanite
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Let’s talk .22 pistols

Post by llanite »

Another happy M&P owner. It has almost exactly the same form factor and trigger as the Shield 9mm and I use it to practice cheaper and more for exactly that reason.

I’ll second the observation above that what you buy depends on how you’re gonna use it.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have a couple of .22 pistols and I will have to say my most favorite to shoot by far is my Glock 44.

thatguyoverthere

Post by thatguyoverthere »

I love my little TX22. My first and only Taurus. I bought it last fall. Only put a couple of hundred rounds through it so far, but no issues. I personally don't shoot .22 very much, but bought this one specifically to use to train my grandkids to shoot. Seems to be well suited for that.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

llanite wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:53 pm Another happy M&P owner. It has almost exactly the same form factor and trigger as the Shield 9mm and I use it to practice cheaper and more for exactly that reason.

I’ll second the observation above that what you buy depends on how you’re gonna use it.
I am also a happy M&P owner. I bought it because I thought that the size and controls are similar to many automatic pistols so it would be a great training gun for new shooters.
NRA Endowment Member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

puma guy wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:29 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:42 pm I have a Nickle Browning Buck Mark Camper with electronic sights that can be yours for a song. I'll stick with my .22 caliber Rugers.
PM sent
PM answered?

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Friends don't let friends buy Taurus... Unless it is the TX22!

I have a few hundred rounds through mine. I got it earlier this year, right before Covid shut some of the ranges down. I fired many brands of .22lr through it, mostly bulk ammo that I scrounged for during the great .22lr shortage. It fed Golden Bullets, Win 333, Blazer, Winchester Wildcats, Federal Automatch, Federal 550, Remington Thunderbolt and some old Federal High Powers.

I had a couple of issues with feeding and I noticed that the rounds were sitting flat and not pointing upward in the magazine. This was causing the round to get caught up on the front of the magazine and not feed properly. Unloading the magazine and paying more attention to make sure the rounds staggered properly and were pushed back fully into the magazine cured this issue.

mot7981

Post by mot7981 »

Enjoyed seeing everyone's opinion on their favorite 22 (still love my old Buckmark) but I think some have missed the spirit of the OP. Tex1961 is asking for recommendations on choosing between the TX22 & P-17. I've seen several of you post on the Taurus but still waiting to hear from someone with the KelTec. Come on, someone on this forum has to have one. Let's hear it.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:28 am
puma guy wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:29 pm
Oldgringo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:42 pm I have a Nickle Browning Buck Mark Camper with electronic sights that can be yours for a song. I'll stick with my .22 caliber Rugers.
PM sent
PM answered?
Sent PM with email address.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Well you said you wanted a semi, and I've got a couple. But my favorite .22 handgun is my Ruger Single Six. And I use it more often with magnum ammo than .22Lr. It comes with interchangeable cylinders so you get two revolvers in one.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

mot7981 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:15 am Enjoyed seeing everyone's opinion on their favorite 22 (still love my old Buckmark) but I think some have missed the spirit of the OP. Tex1961 is asking for recommendations on choosing between the TX22 & P-17. I've seen several of you post on the Taurus but still waiting to hear from someone with the KelTec. Come on, someone on this forum has to have one. Let's hear it.
I still haven't seen anything about the Kel-tec. To me, that is a telling point on this forum.
Steve Rothstein

patterson

Post by patterson »

I have been tossing around the idea of getting a .22LR pistol and researched several and if I do get one I will get the Beretta M9 22LR pistol and I know its made by Umarex in Germany but so are Walther and S&W M&P 22LR Pistols but I like that that the Beretta operates like its 92 counterpart and that you can remove the barrel with the slide and on some others the barrel is fixed it doesn't come off with the slide although they can be removed they don't come off with the slide. Also the Beretta has a higher capacity than the others I mentioned.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Lynyrd wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:37 pm Well you said you wanted a semi, and I've got a couple. But my favorite .22 handgun is my Ruger Single Six. And I use it more often with magnum ammo than .22Lr. It comes with interchangeable cylinders so you get two revolvers in one.
I, too, have a Ruger Single Six Convertible and loads of boolits for it as well as a couple of Ruger Marks and a Browning Buckmark. Why aren't I shooting my .22's more and my air guns less I keep asking myself? Convenience, convenience is the answer. I can shoot my air guns from the comfort of my covered patio but I have to load up and go somewhere to shoot my beautiful .22 rifles and handguns.

I would like to see the Buckmark find a good home.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Tex1961 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:58 am ...

EDIT: I currently own a Ruger Mark IV and have access to both a Beretta Neos and Heritage Rough Rider revolver.
Its funny, I'm not really a huge wheel gun guy, but I grew up shooting a .22 revolver and recently picked up the Heritage Rough Rider. Zero recoil and amazing trigger. It's a winner (as is the Ruger Mark IV)!!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:56 pm
Lynyrd wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:37 pm Well you said you wanted a semi, and I've got a couple. But my favorite .22 handgun is my Ruger Single Six. And I use it more often with magnum ammo than .22Lr. It comes with interchangeable cylinders so you get two revolvers in one.
I, too, have a Ruger Single Six Convertible and loads of boolits for it as well as a couple of Ruger Marks and a Browning Buckmark. Why aren't I shooting my .22's more and my air guns less I keep asking myself? Convenience, convenience is the answer. I can shoot my air guns from the comfort of my covered patio but I have to load up and go somewhere to shoot my beautiful .22 rifles and handguns.

I'm sorry you have to load up and go somewhere else to shoot. Me and towns just don't get along. I kill hogs off my front porch all the time.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Lynyrd wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:03 am
Oldgringo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:56 pm

I'm sorry you have to load up and go somewhere else to shoot. Me and towns just don't get along. I kill hogs off my front porch all the time.
I don't doubt it. We've passed through Leggett. It's smaller than Rusk.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”