Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bagman45
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Any good AK mags??

Post by bagman45 »

Howdy all, hope you and your families are all well and staying safe during these crazy times. I'm good on most things, so have been taking advantage of the "holiday" deals lately to buy accessories. I've got a decent number of steel comblock AK mags, but could use some more. Have been looking at the Magpul/US Palm/other polymer mags. Would like the lower weight and rust-free elements, but not sure about durability. Have read a ton of reviews, which are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Anybody here have good experience with any particular mags; polymer or otherwise that you could recommend. Oh, and I'm not into paying fifty bucks a pop for the Circle Ten mags, if that helps. Looking to keep it under twenty bucks a pop, hopefully lower. Thanks lads....

Paladin

Re: Any good AK mags??

Post by Paladin »

These have good reviews:

SHK 30rd AK47 Magazines
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

While my experience is with more of the com bloc steel mags. The ones made by magpul are pretty decent for just regular use. I’ve never had a problem but I would recommend their new generation with the steel inserts so you can be sure to have longevity out of them. X-tech tactical is another good brand and seem to be a favorite by many that use polymer AK magazines. Also tapco was or is making some decent magazines for ak’s for a while and were decently priced. I typically stay with steel mags or Bakelite. An AK with a plastic mag just doesn’t look right to me. Stay away from pro mag they are no good.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Get decent Comi steel mags and they will last more than you think.
for weight reduction, try
PMAG® 30 AK/AKM MOE
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

These are the ones that I run and recommend:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/884747731

strogg

Post by strogg »

I run strictly Magpul mags on my 7.62 AK. As cmgee said, it's perfectly fine for regular use. I don't operate, larp, or what have you. I just go to the range and fire off a few rounds. Zero malfunctions so far with nothing broken. It's pretty good bang for the buck if you ask me.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”