NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by BigGuy »

TxRVer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:10 pm If Kim Potter can get 2 years for an accidental shooting, Baldwin should get at least as much time.
:iagree:

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 9

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by Chemist45 »

K.Mooneyham relayed a conversation wherein an "Expert" claimed that actors never check the guns they are handed.
actors and actresses don't check the guns because it's too dangerous for them to do so and they don't know how to do it. He stated that he worked on many movie sets and only the armorer is allowed to check the firearms.
Here are some quotes from people in the industry:
George Clooney:“Every single time I’m handed a gun on the set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it too, I show it to the crew,” Clooney said. “Every single take.”

Nicholas Cage: It’s part of a movie star’s job to know how to safely use a gun, especially given that firearm violence figures so prominently in American film and TV shows.

Dean Cain: "Baldwin should have opened and checked the cylinder. Its standard safety protocol."

I'm sure I could find more quotes if I looked. These took me three minutes.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 6

Post by srothstein »

Chemist45 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:32 pmHere are some quotes from people in the industry:
George Clooney:“Every single time I’m handed a gun on the set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I’m pointing it too, I show it to the crew,” Clooney said. “Every single take.”

Nicholas Cage: It’s part of a movie star’s job to know how to safely use a gun, especially given that firearm violence figures so prominently in American film and TV shows.

Dean Cain: "Baldwin should have opened and checked the cylinder. Its standard safety protocol."
While I have no trouble believing that most actors and actresses really are too stupid to be trusted with the task, I do believe they can be taught. If they can memorize lines and scenes and blocking and such, they can be taught how to check a weapon.

I particularly agree with the sentiment expressed by Cage, but want to point out the problem with trusting actors is the way the other two expressed their opinions. Both Clooney and Cain said to do things that Baldwin could not do. I understand the sentiment they were expressing and the English shorthand used, but Clooney is talking about semi-automatic weapons and Cain is talking about double action revolvers. What Baldwin should have done is open the loading gate, pulled the hammer to half cock, and then slowly rotated the cylinder until he saw every chamber was empty.

And I would be extremely surprised if Baldwin was smart enough to know how to do that properly.
Steve Rothstein

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BigGuy »

As much as I'd love to dog on Mr. Baldwin, there may be some extenuating circumstances.
I belong to another gun forum that has people "in the industry." My understanding is that because a revolver was being pointed toward the camera, it was loaded with dummy rounds. That is so the camera can see the end of the slug in the cylinder. There are supposed to be markers that identify them as dummy rounds rather than live rounds. But I don't believe there is an industry standard for dummy rounds. Some places use marks on the brass. Another was to put BBs in the cartridge so that you could rattle it to confirm is was a dummy.
The point I'm getting at is that if the gun was supposed to have dummy rounds, it would look visually the same as live rounds.
I'd be more inclined to hold him him responsible as the producer. It was his job to be sure he had qualified safety people, that protocols were established and followed. From everything I've heard it sounds as though he was cutting corners on the whole production, including safety.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I could have sworn that earlier on in this rather long thread someone posted a story of complaints from others on the set about the way firearms were being handled.

Regardless, if you are the adult holding the firearm when a bullet comes out of the barrel, you own that bullet and are responsible for anyone killed or injured by that bullet. Blaming the person who handed you the firearm is not acceptable. EVER! Never! Ever Never! Baldwin should be criminally charged! End of story! HIS BULLET killed one and injured another. HIS BULLET! His penalty could be debated but there is no debate about the fact that a bullet he owned killed one and injured another.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Paladin »

Chemist45 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:32 pm K.Mooneyham relayed a conversation wherein an "Expert" claimed that actors never check the guns they are handed.
actors and actresses don't check the guns because it's too dangerous for them to do so and they don't know how to do it. He stated that he worked on many movie sets and only the armorer is allowed to check the firearms.
Here are some quotes from people in the industry:

I'm sure I could find more quotes if I looked. These took me three minutes.
Unfortunately for Baldwin he was ALSO the co-producer and as such has responsibility as BOTH the person handling the firearm and the crew that supplies and checks the firearms... so a useless argument from his buds.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 4

Post by chasfm11 »

6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Chemist45
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Chemist45 »

Baldwin calls for gun control:
https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/29/alec ... gram-post/

Raise your hand if you saw this coming. (I did.)

Pull quote: "I think all rational people can agree the pro-gun control movement doesn’t want Alec Baldwin as its spokesman."
Oh, please, please put Alec in place as the front man for Everytown. That would be hilarious!

I'm going to be the first one to say it: "Alec Baldwin has killed more people than all of my guns."

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Chemist45 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:08 pm Baldwin calls for gun control:
https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/29/alec ... gram-post/

Raise your hand if you saw this coming. (I did.)

Pull quote: "I think all rational people can agree the pro-gun control movement doesn’t want Alec Baldwin as its spokesman."
Oh, please, please put Alec in place as the front man for Everytown. That would be hilarious!

I'm going to be the first one to say it: "Alec Baldwin has killed more people than all of my guns."
I suppose he will never serve one day in jail either. It makes my stomach turn!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 35

Post by philip964 »

A video has come out showing his finger on the trigger.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:30 pm A video has come out showing his finger on the trigger.
Oh! No! Say it isn't so! :lol:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

puma guy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:16 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:30 pm A video has come out showing his finger on the trigger.
We clearly need Baldwin control. Guns don’t shoot people. Baldwin does.

seph
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seph »

Rust’ Gun Could Not Fire Without Trigger Pull, FBI Report States
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

Paladin
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Paladin »

puma guy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:16 pm
:cheers2: Baldwin was just practicing his acting skills!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 35

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/alec-baldw ... 1674081157

Decision announced today. Annoying Trump impersonator to be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Armorer to be also charged.

Up to 18 months in jail.

https://apple.news/A79Pa1-SWQteCIyo77XK8cQ

Happened today.

Return to “Never Again!!”