NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 35

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by philip964 »

Uh oh. Gloria’s after him.

Topic author
philip964

Re: NM: Hand gun with trigger pulled by Alec Baldwin in rehearsal kills one injures one

Post by philip964 »

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... -shooting/

Baldwin does some acting while being interviewed for Television, sobbing that he didn’t pull the trigger.

Uh huh.

Sounds like a company that only does prop bullets with a special stamp on them, had some of there brass picked up and reloaded by someone else. Those were mixed with the blanks.

Armorer had only one job.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 6

Post by srothstein »

Why do I have no trouble at all believing that Alec Baldwin really thinks the gun went off without his pulling the trigger? No one who knows anything about guns, even if it was just their toy guns from when they were kids, would believe that but I can believe Alec Baldwin does.
Steve Rothstein

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Excaliber »

philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:37 pm https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... -shooting/

Baldwin does some acting while being interviewed for Television, sobbing that he didn’t pull the trigger.

Uh huh.

Sounds like a company that only does prop bullets with a special stamp on them, had some of there brass picked up and reloaded by someone else. Those were mixed with the blanks.

Armorer had only one job.
The case head stamp wasn't unique to prop bullets. Starline brass is made for reloaders and can be bought and loaded by anyone.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Rafe »

srothstein wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:28 pm Why do I have no trouble at all believing that Alec Baldwin really thinks the gun went off without his pulling the trigger? No one who knows anything about guns, even if it was just their toy guns from when they were kids, would believe that but I can believe Alec Baldwin does.
:thumbs2:
"The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger," Baldwin told George Stephanopoulos.
And it was not an old, period-piece firearm with potentially worn parts. It was a new Pietta look-a-like Long Colt. And it was a single-action revolver. If the hammer cocked itself and then the trigger pulled itself, analog mechanical devices have come alive and are about to take over the world.

But I can believe that Baldwin either doesn't believe he pulled the trigger or blanked in from his memory (in other words, lying but has convinced himself he isn't). He was evidently rehearsing a cross-draw at the time, and once fully cocked the Pietta may have a trigger-pull as light as 2 or 3 pounds. If he cocked the hammer as part of the draw stroke, he may have "placed" his finger inside the trigger guard for "practice" and "touched" the trigger...which to his anti-gun, untrained, uninformed brain isn't the same thing as pulling the trigger. Kinda like cracking a tail light in a parking lot and saying, "But I hardly even tapped the light post!"
"Guns don't just go off," Sheriff Adan Mendoza told Fox News Digital. "So whatever needs to happen to manipulate the firearm, he did that and it was in his hands."
P.S. ABC News giving Alec Baldwin a prime-time network slot to be interviewed about the shooting by George Stephanopoulos. That right there is a nauseating combination from all possible angles...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Rafe wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:50 am
srothstein wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:28 pm Why do I have no trouble at all believing that Alec Baldwin really thinks the gun went off without his pulling the trigger? No one who knows anything about guns, even if it was just their toy guns from when they were kids, would believe that but I can believe Alec Baldwin does.
:thumbs2:
"The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger," Baldwin told George Stephanopoulos.
And it was not an old, period-piece firearm with potentially worn parts. It was a new Pietta look-a-like Long Colt. And it was a single-action revolver. If the hammer cocked itself and then the trigger pulled itself, analog mechanical devices have come alive and are about to take over the world.

But I can believe that Baldwin either doesn't believe he pulled the trigger or blanked in from his memory (in other words, lying but has convinced himself he isn't). He was evidently rehearsing a cross-draw at the time, and once fully cocked the Pietta may have a trigger-pull as light as 2 or 3 pounds. If he cocked the hammer as part of the draw stroke, he may have "placed" his finger inside the trigger guard for "practice" and "touched" the trigger...which to his anti-gun, untrained, uninformed brain isn't the same thing as pulling the trigger. Kinda like cracking a tail light in a parking lot and saying, "But I hardly even tapped the light post!"
"Guns don't just go off," Sheriff Adan Mendoza told Fox News Digital. "So whatever needs to happen to manipulate the firearm, he did that and it was in his hands."
P.S. ABC News giving Alec Baldwin a prime-time network slot to be interviewed about the shooting by George Stephanopoulos. That right there is a nauseating combination from all possible angles...
You make some very good points. Here's another.
If he didn't pull the trigger, why didn't he say that back in October?
Charlie

dlh
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dlh »

Baldwin is either lying or delusional--take your pick.
Would love to read the offense report and see what he told the cops.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/rust-ad-b ... l-trigger/

Assistant Director believes Alec didn’t pull the trigger.

Will this later be accepted by the courts and juries for every murder?

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 19

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

None of us should be surprised by a leftist anti-gun loon trying to claim a gun just went off all by itself. I truly believe these idiots think a gun can jump out of a locked safe and shoot someone.

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

I guess it just cocked itself, aimed itself directly at 2 people and .... suddenly went "bang" on its own. Please... :roll:

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

There is also another item that makes this statement by Baldwin highly suspect. This from a review of the Pietta 1873 single action revolver prior to this incident:

‘Mechanically, the 1873 Single Action Revolver is similar to the original, with at least one important exception. Pietta engineered a transfer bar safety into this platform. In short, the transfer bar safety is designed to allow the hammer to transfer energy to the frame-mounted firing pin only if the trigger is pulled once the hammer is in the fully cocked position. This system prevents accidental discharge due to a drop-fire or a blow to the hammer even if a cartridge is in the cylinder and in front of the firing pin. With the transfer bar safety, you can safely carry a full cylinder.’

So, unless the new model revolver had been modified or was malfunctioning (unlikely IMO), he is either blocking it out of his memory, or just outright lying about not pulling the trigger.

Testing being conducted by the FBI should determine whether the firearm was properly functioning or not.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Rafe
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Rafe »

Keith B wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:02 pm There is also another item that makes this statement by Baldwin highly suspect. This from a review of the Pietta 1873 single action revolver prior to this incident:

‘Mechanically, the 1873 Single Action Revolver is similar to the original, with at least one important exception. Pietta engineered a transfer bar safety into this platform. In short, the transfer bar safety is designed to allow the hammer to transfer energy to the frame-mounted firing pin only if the trigger is pulled once the hammer is in the fully cocked position. This system prevents accidental discharge due to a drop-fire or a blow to the hammer even if a cartridge is in the cylinder and in front of the firing pin. With the transfer bar safety, you can safely carry a full cylinder.’

So, unless the new model revolver had been modified or was malfunctioning (unlikely IMO), he is either blocking it out of his memory, or just outright lying about not pulling the trigger.

Testing being conducted by the FBI should determine whether the firearm was properly functioning or not.
Great info; I hadn't seen that.

I've been watching the ABC interview since it started, but I don't if I can stomach it through to the end. I like and respect Baldwin even less now--if that was possible--than I did before the start of the interview. This is purely self-serving triage PR that ABC is facilitating. Disgusting.

A big question to me is, with an ongoing criminal investigation underway and at least one civil suit already filed, how in the heck is this guy even being allowed by his attorney to do this? "Not my fault. Not my fault. I feel bad for what happened. But the real question, the crux of the culpability, is who brought the live round onto the set? That's who's at fault. Not me. I'm a saint. I have six kids. Nothing is my fault."

I'd like to use a few choice words, but they aren't allowed on the forum.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

RSX11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RSX11 »

Maybe he recently heard the Steve Earle song, ""Devil's Right Hand"...

Well I get into a card game in a company town
Caught a miner cheating I shot the dog down
Shot the dog down, watched the man fall
Never touched his holster, never had a chance to draw
The trial was in the morning and they drug me out of bed
Asked me how I pleaded, not guilty I said
Not guilty I said, you've got the wrong man
Nothing touched the trigger but the devil's right hand

diverman26
Posts in topic: 1

Post by diverman26 »

My original thoughts were along the line of what I've seen of old westerns where the shooter rapidly "flicks" the hammer without pulling the trigger.
I was willing to give the DISCHARGE a ruling of accidental but that's why we have 4 rules, not just one. You have to break more than one rule of gun safety to shoot someone.
Keith B's analysis of the safety mechanism built into the gun used removes that last level of responsibility.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Hard to believe this came from CNN. Worth watching.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1466752479580893184

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Never Again!!”