Paypal does not allow use for firearm purchases

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
propellerhead
Posts in topic: 2

Post by propellerhead »

Really! Someone's irritated at PayPal. Hahahah!

progun47
Posts in topic: 4

Post by progun47 »

I rest my case, just glad someone else thinks the same as I do
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Diode wrote:
nitrogen wrote:I had paypal shut down my account.
I bought a GLOCK T-shirt from someone, and apparently that tripped paypal's word filters.

Never again.
I thought I paid for my holster at Crossbreed via paypal... Hmmm!
I paid for my ctac via paypal before I dumped my account.

I guess what they don't know doesn't hurt them?
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Diode
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Diode »

I sent them a couple of really nice e-mails asking why they choose not to be used for firearms and supplies and all I got was them quoting the rules to me. Weird people. I cancelled my account. I'll send money orders

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Diode wrote: Weird people. I cancelled my account. I'll send money orders

Thats what I've been doing for a couple of years now. Its a bit inconvenient, but worth it to me to make a stand.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

flintknapper wrote:

Thats what I've been doing for a couple of years now. Its a bit inconvenient, but worth it to me to make a stand.
A stand? I'll ask again, do you know the "stances" of all of the companies you do business with?
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

txinvestigator wrote:
flintknapper wrote:

A stand? I'll ask again, do you know the "stances" of all of the companies you do business with?

I'm well aware that you cannot avoid doing business with every company that supports gun control. I have no problem with a company/corporation spending their profited money anyway they please, this is America after all.

I simply choose NOT to support certain of those companies where ever I see fit. I am not proposing a total boycott of ALL who hold views different from mine, (it isn't feasible). Just the same, when ever it makes sense for me to do so, I do. Thats a lot more than some others are doing.

No one is "taking you to task" for spending your hard earned money with whomever you wish. I expect the same consideration from you, even if you think it misguided and fruitless.

Just my .02 on it. :grin:

Flint
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Diode
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Diode »

txinvestigator wrote:
flintknapper wrote:

No but I can't stand someone or some company trying to tell me what I can and can't purchase. If I want to use Paypal to buy Horse "Poo" why would or should they care? There business is to transfer funds not decide what I am allowed to purchase. It's not a "Stand" TX it's the prinicple of the matter. I got nothing but canned answers when I asked them why they refuse to let people buy gun supplies.

Now don't get me wrong, I respect their right to spend their money on what ever they please. Heck, they can fund Hillary's campaign for all I care but how dare they decide what I spend my money on. Now I have to go to Wal-Mart and buy ammo just to spite them!

jim

progun47
Posts in topic: 4

Post by progun47 »

+1 for Diode
"People cannot be effectually oppressed and enslaved, who are not FIRST DISARMED" Texas Supreme Court 1859 (Cockrum vs State)

"Son, you will die with the hammer down on that weapon." Jeff Cooper, Gunsite ranch 6/18/84

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

progun47 wrote:+1 for Diode
Yep. PayPal's policy would be like your bank bouncing your check if you bought a gun or ammunition. Or a credit card company refusing to allow gun related purchases.

PayPal doesn't sell the merchandise; they're a financial services company. They should transfer the money and collect their fees, and not worry about what gets bought and sold. But since they do want to make it their business, I choose to do business elsewhere.

Kevin

mschadt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mschadt »

Between their anti gun policies and the number of scam emails I got pretending to be paypal phishing for info, and paypal's complete lack of action to take any step to counter these phishers. I closed my account a long time ago. From now on it will be Postal Money Order, or nothing, that is of course IF I ever need to get something from eBay, Gun Broker, etc.

Besides with the PMO I have a little more recourse should an online dealer fail to deliver.

Glockdude1

Post by Glockdude1 »

dpatterson wrote:Just dont tell paypal what the money is purchasing....Daniel
Exactly.............. :iagree:

:thumbsup:
Glockdude1..........................
"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

djwdjw

Post by djwdjw »

Glockdude1 wrote:
dpatterson wrote:Just dont tell paypal what the money is purchasing....Daniel
Exactly.............. :iagree:

:thumbsup:
It really isn't any of Paypal's business...

Any more than it's your bank's business, or your credit card company's business. Paypal plays like they want to be a financial services company, but they've got a way to go, and may never get out of ebay's shadow.

I suspect paypal's rules re a mirror of ebay's and a hold-over of ebay's policy on firearms, since paypal is owned by ebay. Ebay is totally unable to insure there transactions are legitimate and items for sale are not stolen merchandise to begin with. Gun transactions they must believe are the third rail for them attracting lawsuits that they can't/don't want to handle, they've probably got enough litigation on what they do already.

Return to “Never Again!!”