dropped 9mm injures baby

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

dropped 9mm injures baby

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/29473282/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So this can happen? or was the trigger pulled and this is a better story to tell police.

puma guy

Re: dropped 9mm injures baby

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/news/29473282/detail.html

So this can happen? or was the trigger pulled and this is a better story to tell police.
I'd like to know what handgun was involved. I guess it could've been an unconverted .357 Ruger Blackhawk convertible 9mm loaded with a round under the hammer.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

It could have been any gun. Mechanical things no matter how well made do fail. I hope the child will recover fully and the father learns from this incident.

Remember, Murphy is an optimist and he never sleeps.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

philip964 wrote: or was the trigger pulled and this is a better story to tell police.
I believe that is a common scenario.

I also believe most cases we hear of dropped handguns firing are actually cases where someone reached out and frantically tried to catch the gun before it fell, thereby inserting the booger hook into the bang switch. If someone is dropping a gun, just let it fall to the floor and then safely pick it up. Trying to catch it risks getting someone shot.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

kjolly

Post by kjolly »

There are makes of guns that can fire when dropped through very rare. I inquired at Kel Tec about my P-11 as I had heard it can happen. They responded it is possible however they have never seen a case of it happening. Don't drop your gun. It scratches the finish. :smash:
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

Jumping Frog wrote:
philip964 wrote: or was the trigger pulled and this is a better story to tell police.
I also believe most cases we hear of dropped handguns firing are actually cases where someone reached out and frantically tried to catch the gun before it fell, thereby inserting the booger hook into the bang switch. If someone is dropping a gun, just let it fall to the floor and then safely pick it up. Trying to catch it risks getting someone shot.
That's what I think is most likely. Glocks in particular won't fire when dropped but can easily go off via trigger contact.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

rp_photo wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
That's what I think is most likely. Glocks in particular won't fire when dropped but can easily go off via trigger contact.
I would think the chances of a 1911 going off either way would be extremely remote.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

2up1down

Post by 2up1down »

Jumping Frog wrote:
I believe that is a common scenario.

:iagree:
Again, the Frog jumps with truth and fact.
Become a Student of the Law we live under and proficient in the protection of yourself: so you may protect your Family, State and way of Live. Awareness is your first defense, avoidance your first tactic. If engagement is forced, Stop when the threat is gone.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

My personal opinion from a lot of years watching, reading, sometimes being involved in the after.. is, two elements are often true…
1: The gun went off
2: The gun was dropped
However, most often the missing third element not reported is, the trigger was pulled.

Making the true sequence a little different.
1: the trigger was pulled
2: the gun went off
3: the gun was dropped.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Return to “Never Again!!”