Holster, Holster,Holster!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

nuparadigm
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nuparadigm »

Mike1951 wrote:I seem to remember a variation used by the OSS or CIA that involved a length of string to support the firearm.

I can't recollect the details.
The string is tied end-to-end with itself ... forming a circle with diameter enough to allow your weapon to fit into it once the "circle" has been folded in half.

Next, run the string circle between your belt and your waistband so that the two loop ends are of matching distance. Then, put one of the "bunny's ears" through the other one - making a crude half-hitch.

The free portion of the half-hitch is your holster which will ride between your waistband and your shirt.

This sounds more confusing than it really is. :ack: If I had a digital camera, I'd show y'all how it works. I've actually carried this way while on the job in a neighboring country.
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lrb111 »

nuparadigm wrote:
Mike1951 wrote:I seem to remember a variation used by the OSS or CIA that involved a length of string to support the firearm.

I can't recollect the details.
The string is tied end-to-end with itself ... forming a circle with diameter enough to allow your weapon to fit into it once the "circle" has been folded in half.

Next, run the string circle between your belt and your waistband so that the two loop ends are of matching distance. Then, put one of the "bunny's ears" through the other one - making a crude half-hitch.

The free portion of the half-hitch is your holster which will ride between your waistband and your shirt.

This sounds more confusing than it really is. :ack: If I had a digital camera, I'd show y'all how it works. I've actually carried this way while on the job in a neighboring country.
A factory made on, is one of those heavy duty cloth covered rubber bands for holding one's hair up in a pony tail. They are about an eighth inch thick, and about two inches in diameter.

Do the half hitch around the top of the belt loop, instead of the belt. Then stuff the gun into the loop, and into the pants.

urban camo,, :grin:
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

motleystew
Posts in topic: 1

Mexican Carry

Post by motleystew »

I first heard the term "Mexican Carry" in a pistol magazine. The author said he was training a group of Police at a Mexican police academy and 1/2 of the class did not have holsters and just stuck it in their waistbands!

Return to “Never Again!!”