innocent bystander gun downed for no reason - baytown tx

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Cummins24
Posts in topic: 1

innocent bystander gun downed for no reason - baytown tx

Post by Cummins24 »

I woke up yesterday to this story on the news an innocent bystander gun downed for no reason. It happend at a local gas station about 5 blocks from the house, the report says a black man began arguing with his girl than turned his attention to the bystander cursed at him an shot him for no reason n left the scene. Other bystanders quickly got info n passed it to the cops, The man shot died at the scene from the gun shot.

I recently got my chl but before I had it I remember going into that gas station an constantly doing 360 checks feeling nervous keeping an eye on people coming in and hanging out outside the store suspicious looking thugs. "NEVER AGAIN" though I don't go anywhere with out my concealed weapon. Stay safe folks and carry on.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Re: innocent bystander gun downed for no reason - baytown tx

Post by Excaliber »

Cummins24 wrote:I woke up yesterday to this story on the news an innocent bystander gun downed for no reason. It happend at a local gas station about 5 blocks from the house, the report says a black man began arguing with his girl than turned his attention to the bystander cursed at him an shot him for no reason n left the scene. Other bystanders quickly got info n passed it to the cops, The man shot died at the scene from the gun shot.

I recently got my chl but before I had it I remember going into that gas station an constantly doing 360 checks feeling nervous keeping an eye on people coming in and hanging out outside the store suspicious looking thugs. "NEVER AGAIN" though I don't go anywhere with out my concealed weapon. Stay safe folks and carry on.
Avoidance of areas prone to trouble is the second rule for staying safe.

The first rule, of course, is to have a gun in case unanticipated trouble comes looking for you.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Cummins24 wrote: I recently got my chl but before I had it I remember going into that gas station an constantly doing 360 checks feeling nervous keeping an eye on people coming in and hanging out outside the store suspicious looking thugs. "NEVER AGAIN" though I don't go anywhere with out my concealed weapon. Stay safe folks and carry on.
Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

You should still be doing the 360 checks, just aware and not nervous. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

This kind of nonsense can happen just about anywhere now days!
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

You are rarely ever more vulnerable than at a gas station with nobody around. Your car is often empty...and has the nozzle attached to it, you have your billfold out, you are outside the safety of your vehicle, many people leave their keys, guns, and phone inside the car, and there are large pumps all around that obscure your view. Add to that, a well orchestrated diversion (for sliding) and you nearly have the perfect place for anyone (even a CHL holder) to be a victim. I hate buying gas! Get in, get out, and be prepared. Have a gun, a phone, and your keys on your body...and lock your doors.

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tomtexan »

Steamboat wrote:This kind of nonsense can happen just about anywhere now days!
:iagree:
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

Blindref757 wrote:You are rarely ever more vulnerable than at a gas station with nobody around. Your car is often empty...and has the nozzle attached to it, you have your billfold out, you are outside the safety of your vehicle, many people leave their keys, guns, and phone inside the car, and there are large pumps all around that obscure your view. Add to that, a well orchestrated diversion (for sliding) and you nearly have the perfect place for anyone (even a CHL holder) to be a victim. I hate buying gas! Get in, get out, and be prepared. Have a gun, a phone, and your keys on your body...and lock your doors.
Yep! :iagree: I have those exact thoughts every time i fuel up. Those large tall pumps do hinder the view quite a bit.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

victory
Posts in topic: 2

Post by victory »

It happened just about anywhere before the internet too. It just didn't make it past local news.

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

victory wrote:
It happened just about anywhere before the internet too. It just didn't make it past local news.
The world of crime is far much more worse now than the pre-internet days. :leaving
NRA Life Member

victory
Posts in topic: 2

Post by victory »

Based on your feelings or UCR?

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

victory wrote:Based on your feelings or UCR?
Based on life experience, knowledge and wisdom.
NRA Life Member

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

tomtexan wrote:
victory wrote:Based on your feelings or UCR?
Based on life experience, knowledge and wisdom.
Not based on Stats because you were much more likely to be the victim of violent crime in the past than today. Just in '75 almost no one would hear about a crime like this while now that is all you hear about.

FYIFV

Post by FYIFV »

It's amazing what some people know that isn't so.

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

This was not a random shooting. The victim was the live-in boyfriend of the shooter's baby momma.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

tomtexan wrote:
victory wrote:
The world of crime is far much more worse now than the pre-internet days. :leaving
The actual number of homicides has actually [/i]fallen[/i] by nearly 40% since the early 90's. The situation today in most areas is not nearly as bad as it was then.

I remember those times well, because I was in the thick of it during those years.

The thing that has gotten worse is people's perception of which way the crime rate is going. That is driven by intensive media focus on the exceptional incidents that leave big impressions on folks even though they are uncommon.

As much as the left hates it, the actual lesson of history is: More guns, less crime.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “Never Again!!”