Post by Javier730 »

Lesson learned. Shower everyday to check if you shot yourself earlier. :lol:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Man shoots self but doesn't realize it until 3 days later

Post by Jusme »

He probably needs to buy more shirts so he can change them more often. Not attempt to clean a loaded firearm. And not handle firearms when he's taking pain medication. JMHO

There's one in every crowd. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

goose

Post by goose »

Javier730 wrote:Lesson learned. Shower everyday to check if you shot yourself earlier. :lol:
/thread lock :-)
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It's spring; make sure you check yourself for ticks and bullet holes.... :roll:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

That reminds of a story some years back of some construction worker/drug addict who took whatever his chemical of choice was, got all morose, and decided to kill himself with his nail gun. He passed out in the process, woke up the next day not remembering anything of the previous day, but had one heckuva headache. So he went to the ER, they took some X-rays, and he had about 9 or 10 nails embedded in his brain. On both sides. It was a very interesting picture.

Update: OK, it was 12 nails http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12425803/ns/h ... ails-head/
USAF 1982-2005

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

ELB wrote:That reminds of a story some years back of some construction worker/drug addict who took whatever his chemical of choice was, got all morose, and decided to kill himself with his nail gun. He passed out in the process, woke up the next day not remembering anything of the previous day, but had one heckuva headache. So he went to the ER, they took some X-rays, and he had about 9 or 10 nails embedded in his brain. On both sides. It was a very interesting picture.

Update: OK, it was 12 nails http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12425803/ns/h ... ails-head/
The guy was missing a few screws so he tried to fix himself by adding a few nails. I hope they were galvanized. :biggrinjester:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mavs00 »

He says he heard a gunshot but didn't feel pain from that, possibly because of medicine he takes for back pain.
Pretty much all I needed to read. :banghead: :banghead:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Keith B wrote:It's spring; make sure you check yourself for ticks and bullet holes.... :roll:
Excellent advice Keith B! I have NEVER checked myself for bullet holes. :shock:
NRA Endowment Member

mayor

Post by mayor »

ELB wrote:That reminds of a story some years back of some construction worker/drug addict who took whatever his chemical of choice was, got all morose, and decided to kill himself with his nail gun. He passed out in the process, woke up the next day not remembering anything of the previous day, but had one heckuva headache. So he went to the ER, they took some X-rays, and he had about 9 or 10 nails embedded in his brain. On both sides. It was a very interesting picture.

"Surgeons removed the nails with needle-nosed pliers and a drill..."

remind me not to have surgery performed in Portland, Oregon.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

According to the article, it wasn't the next day, it was the next YEAR. :shock:
The unidentified 33-year-old man was suicidal and high on methamphetamine last year when he fired the nails — up to 2 inches in length — into his head one by one.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

mayor wrote:

When I was in college I worked as a framer. We had a worker who accidentally shot himself through the knuckles from index finger to pinky. The ER didn't have any tools or a clue as how to remove the nail. It took two of us holding on to his hand and two of us pulling on the nail with vice-grips ( provided by us) to remove the nail.

mayor

Post by mayor »

WTR wrote:
mayor wrote:

When I was in college I worked as a framer. We had a worker who accidentally shot himself through the knuckles from index finger to pinky. The ER didn't have any tools or a clue as how to remove the nail. It took two of us holding on to his hand and two of us pulling on the nail with vice-grips ( provided by us) to remove the nail.
:eek6 :eek6

ELB

Post by ELB »

mayor wrote:

And a better method would be...?

Me, I'd put him in a MRI and flip the switch -- pull all 12 nails at once!
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Never Again!!”