Had to Pull My Gun Today!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

F350-6
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Had to Pull My Gun Today!

Post by F350-6 »

An old thread, but still seems to be active. I too live out in the country. Unleashed dogs that act aggressive and charge and bark at passing cars are common.

Unless they're a new dog, if you swerve a little toward them, or if you're walking by and yell at them, they back away quickly. My grand daughter even yelled at one and made him back down when we drove by in a UTV when she was 4.

The old ones have learned not to get run over or shot. The new ones, who knows if they'll make it to be old ones. If you're bored, when they chase your car, stop and let them catch you. They lose interest as soon as they do.

Don't get me wrong, I still carry and keep my eyes on every dog I pass, but some behaviors are common in certain areas. The earlier story about dogs fighting each other is one to heed. Not many good ways to get involved in that situation.

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

WTR wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
WTR wrote:In 2016 it was 71% pit bulls
Odds are that a Substantial percentage (my estimate is in excess of 70%) of those were misidentified as pits or pit crosses when they were some other breed or crossbreed.
Rationalize all you want. Pits where bred to fight. I have known sweet Pits. I have known sweet Pits who have turned aggressive for no apparent reason. Bottom line Pits are involved in more bite and death incidents. No denying that no matter how many excuses you want to make. I wouldn't leave a Pit with a child and I wouldn't leave my Catahola alone with a child.....and she is crazy about me

Pits were NOT originally bred for fighting. That is a Bastardization of the original breed. In the UK the call them Staffordshire Terriers and are known as Nanny Dogs.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by steveincowtown »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Pits were NOT originally bred for fighting. That is a Bastardization of the original breed. In the UK the call them Staffordshire Terriers and are known as Nanny Dogs.
I think the were are quite a few generations away from just about every breeds intended purpose. If not we would be duck hunting with Poodles instead of Labs.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

steveincowtown wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
I think the were are quite a few generations away from just about every breeds intended purpose. If not we would be duck hunting with Poodles instead of Labs.
Actually quite a few Standard Bred Poodle are quite good waterdogs when properly trained. :thumbs2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Return to “Never Again!!”