TN:Father gives daughters boyfriend a gun for graduation, kills his daughter with it

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TN:Father gives daughters boyfriend a gun for graduation, kills his daughter with it

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/teen- ... on-present

Supposedly the young man was not a novice with guns and accidentally shot her in the stomach while playing with the gun. One of those accidentally went off things that happen with guns.

RIP

Just makes me so mad.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TN:Father gives daughters boyfriend a gun for graduation, kills his daughter with it

Post by Flightmare »

Obviously there was multiple violations of the 4 rules of gun safety. The article says
He was playing with the gun when it accidentally fired
(emphasis mine). I wonder how much of that is the reporter versus what actually happened. Either way, it's a tragedy and I hope that all involved are able to recover from this emotionally.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

puma guy

Re: TN:Father gives daughters boyfriend a gun for graduation, kills his daughter with it

Post by puma guy »

The article says he frequently goes to the gun range; judging by this act apparently not in a safe manner. :banghead:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

Without more details, I think the benefit of the doubt ought to be given here. While I follow the 4 safety rules religiously, I often make the reference to 'playing' with my guns. Doesn't mean I do so unsafely or don't take them seriously... remember folks the media's loose grip on facts and what constitutes 'reporting' these days.

http://people.com/crime/tennessee-teen- ... inda-luna/

Found another article, per this article, it went off while he was putting it away after showing her the gun. It's a tragedy either way, but looks like the original reporting leaves a lot to be desired.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

Pariah3j wrote:Without more details, I think the benefit of the doubt ought to be given here. While I follow the 4 safety rules religiously, I often make the reference to 'playing' with my guns. Doesn't mean I do so unsafely or don't take them seriously... remember folks the media's loose grip on facts and what constitutes 'reporting' these days.

http://people.com/crime/tennessee-teen- ... inda-luna/

Found another article, per this article, it went off while he was putting it away after showing her the gun. It's a tragedy either way, but looks like the original reporting leaves a lot to be desired.
And that is my point.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

flechero

Post by flechero »

per this article, it went off while he was putting it away
A tragic story, and I doubt the father or the boyfriend will ever fully recover. But sadly, I think the boyfriend must have pulled the trigger. (a mechanical failure is incredibly rare) The big stand out for me was that he was showing off and fondling a LOADED gun which combined with the outcome means that he broke ALL 4 rules.

I chamber check a gun I simply move from one safe shelf to another... actually I chamber check any gun I pick up, even if I had just set it down a few seconds ago.

I couldn't imagine pulling out a gun to show someone without checking/clearing first.

Return to “Never Again!!”