Secret Service agent shoots himself on duty

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Secret Service agent shoots himself on duty

Post by mojo84 »

I'm sure POTUS confidence is boosted with this.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

apostate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Secret Service agent shoots himself on duty

Post by apostate »

At least they have their ducks in a row.

:leaving

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I wonder what kind of safety free striker fired gun it was this time. Agencies are unwilling to even discuss how much more accident prone this cheap crap is. Are there any studies or statistics? comparing NDs with Hammered Safe guns with Striker fired

The secret service isn't what they used to be. They used to be considered highly trained and disciplined. What happened? They don't seem to be the same quality people that stopped Hinkley and Squeaky Fromme. Today they seemed to be more involved in whoring, drunken parties and Shooting themselves than protecting our president.. Our most elite aren't what they used to be, maybe it's a reflection of the entire downfall that the rest of the country is going through.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

magillapd

Post by magillapd »

I believe they carry the Sig P229 in .357sig
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

:iagree:
magillapd wrote:I believe they carry the Sig P229 in .357sig
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

mojo84 wrote::iagree:
magillapd wrote:I believe they carry the Sig P229 in .357sig
And that's one of my favorite guns in my favorite caliber!

To have a "negligent discharge" with 229 though, you really must yank on that DA trigger, unless it was carried cocked which is a no no on 229.

Edit:

I believe it's the DAK version so it cannot be carried cocked, 6.5lb DA pull only.

ELB

Post by ELB »

The story has been updated to clarify it was a "special officer," not an "agent." I am guessing "special officer" is a lesser being in the Secret Service galaxy.
USAF 1982-2005

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

ELB wrote:The story has been updated to clarify it was a "special officer," not an "agent." I am guessing "special officer" is a lesser being in the Secret Service galaxy.
Yes, you are correct.

https://www.secretservice.gov/join/care ... -officers/
NRA Endowment Member

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

WildBill wrote:
ELB wrote:The story has been updated to clarify it was a "special officer," not an "agent." I am guessing "special officer" is a lesser being in the Secret Service galaxy.
Yes, you are correct.

They carry Sigs also?

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

WTR wrote:
WildBill wrote:
Yes, you are correct.

They carry Sigs also?
I am not sure about special officers, but I suspect that special officers and uniformed officers are issued "lesser" weapons.
Last edited by WildBill on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Liberty wrote:I wonder what kind of safety free striker fired gun it was this time. Agencies are unwilling to even discuss how much more accident prone this cheap crap is. Are there any studies or statistics? comparing NDs with Hammered Safe guns with Striker fired

The secret service isn't what they used to be. They used to be considered highly trained and disciplined. What happened? They don't seem to be the same quality people that stopped Hinkley and Squeaky Fromme. Today they seemed to be more involved in whoring, drunken parties and Shooting themselves than protecting our president.. Our most elite aren't what they used to be, maybe it's a reflection of the entire downfall that the rest of the country is going through.
Somehow I don't think it was the gun's fault.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Liberty wrote:I wonder what kind of safety free striker fired gun it was this time. Agencies are unwilling to even discuss how much more accident prone this cheap crap is. Are there any studies or statistics? comparing NDs with Hammered Safe guns with Striker fired

It is never a weapons " fault " for a ND. However ,the design and features of a gun ( or lack there of) may make a weapon more prone to a ND.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

WTR wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:

It is never a weapons " fault " for a ND. However ,the design and features of a gun ( or lack there of) may make a weapon more prone to a ND.
Yes, I know that some guns have more safety features than other guns. The tradeoff is a more complex manual of arms required to fire the gun. Taken to the extreme, you could carry with a trigger lock cable run through the barrel, locked in a gun case with ammo stored in a separate locked case. That would decrease the likelihood of an ND, while requiring a more complex manual of arms, to put it mildly. And even that would not guarantee that some yahoo can't have a ND.

The point is that no amount of safety precautions will make up for a careless human operator, and no modern properly functioning gun is going to have an ND if the operator follows the 4 rules of gun safety.

In this case, we have a supposedly trained professional who violated at least one of the 4 rules. Would the ND have been prevented if their gun had a couple extra safeties? Maybe. Maybe not. But it definitely would have been prevented if the operator had been less careless. And it is also possible for additional safeties to foster a false sense of security, which can lead to one being more careless.

Darth Paul

Post by Darth Paul »

Liberty wrote:Agencies are unwilling to even discuss how much more accident prone this cheap crap is.
:iagree: These guns are eurotrash fit only for those who can't handle a 1911.
Liberty wrote:The secret service isn't what they used to be. They used to be considered highly trained and disciplined. What happened? They don't seem to be the same quality people that stopped Hinkley and Squeaky Fromme. Today they seemed to be more involved in whoring, drunken parties and Shooting themselves than protecting our president.. Our most elite aren't what they used to be, maybe it's a reflection of the entire downfall that the rest of the country is going through.
It's happening in Texas too, as the Road Rage Ranger shows. Once upon a time they said "One Riot, One Ranger" but once upon a time it wasn't the Rangers inciting riots.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

"These guns are eurotrash fit only for those who can't handle a 1911. "

Right.... :roll:

Glock, CZ, Sig, H&K, Walther....garbage :smilelol5:

Please, if you have any of those " eurotrash fit only for those who can't handle 1911 " piles of junk, just donate them to me. :biggrinjester:

Return to “Never Again!!”