"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Can I Buy Just One Sock?

Post by cmgee67 »

Ouch! Praying for you! I once too had an injure requiring stitches on the knuckle of my middle finger on my left hand. I was fixing dinner and had opened a can of pineapple from a metal can and set it aside with the metal lid on the counter. I then grabbed a knife out of the kitchen drawer and went to open the package of meet and of course the knife was dull. I put to much force on the knife and my hand shot forwards hitting the metal pinapple can lid slicing my finger wide open. A few stitches later no body seemed to really believe that it happened that way. Oh well chicks dig scars right? Must have worked along with my other ones! Been married almost a year now!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've heard of "Glock foot", but I've never heard of "multi-tool foot" ......until now...... :lol:

Sounds nice and painful. :shock:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Take Down Sicko wrote:Just borrow some panty hose and cut the legs off...
But what do you say when you return them?

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

Bitter Clinger wrote:May I suggest something a tad more robust?:

Now we're talking!!

:smilelol5: "rlol"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I've heard of "Glock foot", but I've never heard of "multi-tool foot" ......until now...... :lol:

Sounds nice and painful. :shock:

It's getting better, but I agree I don't know if "Leatherman foot" will ever catch on.

:smilelol5:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pritchical

Post by Pritchical »

So glad I'm not the only one. Ugh. I once pulled my keys out of my pocket, and had the keyring grab the thumb peg of my pocket knife on its way out of the pocket. It opened my knife straight up. It was only like a 2 1/2" blade, but it was sharp as a razor. I'm lucky I didn't sit down and have it stab me in the gut. But anyway, a few minutes later, I had forgotten I'd already pulled my keys, so I reached into my pocket to grab them. And slid my thumb right down that blade. I can show you the scar sometime.

A few months ago, I was at my old house trying to get some stuff as we had just moved. One of the items I needed was my wire-frame shelf. I had attached a piece of hardboard to one side of it to act as a back for one of the shelves. I had drilled small holes in it and ran black zip ties through the holes, around the wires of the shelf system. Well, I was trying to cut through one of the ties with my pocket knife and for some reason had my left hand up near it. Well, it cut through, and I effectively stabbed my left hand in the web before my thumb. Like a half-inch deep. I can still feel the nerves healing. That one sucked especially bad.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I know both of our accidents could have been avoided. I was being completely careless in my second one. And I saw it coming. I thought, "Maybe I shouldn't put my hand there because I might..." bam. Idiot.

Anyway, glad you're getting better.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Dang it man! Even though you were humorous in your telling of that story, I'm still cringing thinking about it.

Reminds me of something that happened with my Leatherman Super Tool many years ago. I had picked up a new washer and dryer. They were in the bed of my pickup still in big cardboard boxes. My neighbor came over when he saw me drive up (we lived in town then) and offered to help me unload them. After we had them on the floor in the garage I pulled out my Leatherman and was cutting the box open on one of them. About that time my wife called me in the house to the phone and I laid my Letaherman on the box and went inside. When I came back out there was blood all over the floor and my neighbor was standing there holding on to his thumb. He dang near cut his thumb off!

The first thing he said to me was, "I didn't expect a multi tool to have a sharp knife!"

My response was, "I don't have any use for a dull knife."

I've still got that tool. It's over 30 years old now. And I still keep the knife sharp enough to shave.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Don't think of the incident as a loss of a sock, but rather the gain of a new gun cleaning rag.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Pritchical

Post by Pritchical »

Lynyrd wrote:"I don't have any use for a dull knife."
:lol: perfect response

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Liberty wrote:Don't think of the incident as a loss of a sock, but rather the gain of a new gun cleaning rag.
:iagree: :iagree:

Thats where all of my mismatched socks go
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Jusme wrote:...I have to keep the stitches dry, and Mrs. Jusme, has said that my idea for avoiding a shower or bath for the next week or so, is not an option, I am working on a plastic bag and electrical tape contraption.
Use duct tape instead - it'll keep reminding you of what not to do! :smilelol5:
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Jusme how did you heal up? You back to running six miles a day?

Return to “Never Again!!”