OK - graphic gunfight video, liquor store

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

aaangel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OK - graphic gunfight video, liquor store

Post by aaangel »

beat me to it by 5 min. :tiphat: wow! so glad these ladies are ok.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

This is a perfect example of shoot until the threat is stopped and incapacitated. Glad the women were not seriously injured. Good thing when the mother and robber were wrestling and the daughter shot there was not a pass-through into the mother.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

cirus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cirus »

To many guns in the fight. They would have been better off with one shotgun. Wonder how far some of those rounds traveled?

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I"m glad it ended up well for the mother and daughter, but there are plenty of lessons to be learned here.
  • On-body carry is better than off-body. Look how long they had to wait for the opportunity to get close enough to their firearms to retrieve them.
  • Make sure the gun and ammo are sized to do the job. Clearly, they connected with him several times, but he didn't go down fast enough. I don't know what their caliber was, nor if they had the proper self-defense ammo, but it didn't work fast enough for me.
  • Know how to use your gun. It seemed that when they first retrieved their first gun, she appeared to be checking it to make sure it was ready to go.
  • Know how to fight with your gun. No, I'm not asking that they become full spec-ops folks, but they definitely can benefit from a bit of training.
Thank God they got out with only minor injuries (mom got pistol-whipped). In the end, it was a successful engagement, but I hope they and we can learn from what we saw.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

couzin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by couzin »

Keith B wrote:This is a perfect example of shoot until the threat is stopped and incapacitated. Glad the women were not seriously injured. Good thing when the mother and robber were wrestling and the daughter shot there was not a pass-through into the mother.
Yep - she never have let the perp get back that close again!
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

Paladin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Paladin »

Intense video. So glad the ladies are ok and that scumbag is in custody. The ladies put an end to that one man crime spree and Tulsa is safer for it.

While the lack of audio leaves some uncertainties in my mind, I would urge the ladies to get some additional training and/or some more effective weapons. Better shot placement(looked like the lady took her first shot closing her eyes), Shooting until they stop the robber, a more secure front door so guy can't break back in, and having a firearm/ammunition with suitable stopping power might have prevented unnecessary injuries/risks to themselves.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Another example of why you continue to shoot until the threat is stopped.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Paladin wrote:Intense video. So glad the ladies are ok and that scumbag is in custody. The ladies put an end to that one man crime spree and Tulsa is safer for it.

While the lack of audio leaves some uncertainties in my mind, I would urge the ladies to get some additional training and/or some more effective weapons. Better shot placement(looked like the lady took her first shot closing her eyes), Shooting until they stop the robber, a more secure front door so guy can't break back in, and having a firearm/ammunition with suitable stopping power might have prevented unnecessary injuries/risks to themselves.
It looks like she got a couple of COM shots Yet, not only did it fail to stop the BG, He still had enough gumption to go back for for more. I think she was pretty low on ammunition by the time this was over. A good case is made here for higher capacity semis loaded with quality defensive rounds.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

There is another trending post right now “Should I carry a .22”. I think you might have your answer. I also wonder what drugs he might have had in his system.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Paladin »

Tex1961 wrote:There is another trending post right now “Should I carry a .22”. I think you might have your answer. I also wonder what drugs he might have had in his system.
Good point!

The scumbag was probably robbing for money for drugs and might have been on PCP or similar. He seemed to shrug off a lot of injury, and went right thru that glass door.

Of course self defense shootings are never like on TV. Unless you get solid shot placement in the central nervous system, it will take a good amount of time for a determined attacker to bleed out to the point of incapacitation. History has shown that fatally wounded home intruders typically run hundreds of yards away before they collapse.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Saw this one on Facebook, didn't realize perp had a shotgun. :shock: To paraphrase the pilot's dictum "any landing (gunfight) you can walk away from is a good one". BUT, I don't see this one as perfect though. My nitpicks are the following;
- the robber had the cash drawer and was at/near/out the door, and with people shooting at him the moron RETURNS? :headscratch Take the money and RUN, fool! :banghead:
- when faced with an armed (especially armed with a shotgun) threat, you do not go "bang-pause-bang-pause-bang-pause". :nono: You go bangbangbangbangbangbangRELOADbangbangbang..... until the perp is on the floor. THEN you pick up the phone and call 911. The ladies didn't do this, and that's why one of them ended up in a wrestling match for her gun that could very well have left one or both dead instead of just one getting stitches.....
- it looked to me like the ladies were connecting; maybe they need to consider bigger caliber hardware....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Definitely calls for "triple tap", then repeat until ammo is exhausted.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

It's also a strong argument for on-body carry. It looked to me like both revolvers were under the counter.
NRA lifetime member

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Another observation is it seems the BG was acting like he was giving up just before he attacked the lady for her gun. Don't trust the BG when he pretends to be giving up when he really is just tricking you until he can attack.

Return to “Never Again!!”