TX: Houston Heights man puts on bulletproof vest at party, what could possibly go wrong

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Houston Heights man puts on bulletproof vest at party, what could possibly go wrong

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/man- ... police-say

Well he's dead.

Breaking! White male crime most likely.

cmgee67

Re: TX: Houston Heights man puts on bulletproof vest at party, what could possibly go wrong

Post by cmgee67 »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Flightmare

Re: TX: Houston Heights man puts on bulletproof vest at party, what could possibly go wrong

Post by Flightmare »

I'm one of those sorts of people that would be curious to see in person what would happen to a bulletproof vest being shot. That being said, I've never been tempted to eat Tide pods, nor would I volunteer myself or anyone else to be wearing the vest when it was being shot.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... ty-houston
"It is unusual that people would put on bulletproof vest and play with guns at a party, but these things happen sometimes," police Sgt. Mark Hollbrook told KTRK-TV.
I think we have a darwin award candidate!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Flightmare wrote:I'm one of those sorts of people that would be curious to see in person what would happen to a bulletproof vest being shot. That being said, I've never been tempted to eat Tide pods, nor would I volunteer myself or anyone else to be wearing the vest when it was being shot.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... ty-houston
"It is unusual that people would put on bulletproof vest and play with guns at a party, but these things happen sometimes," police Sgt. Mark Hollbrook told KTRK-TV.
I think we have a darwin award candidate!
There are some important potentially life-saving information about this incident though. Did the bullet go through or around the vest? What kind of ammo was used? Who ade the vest and how outdated was it? We could learn some valuable lessons from stupid people doing stupid things. Sometimes live crash dummies can give us better helpful information than the artificial dummies. Unfortunately, the police are not being really transparent in releasing this potentially lifesaving information.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

dlh

Post by dlh »

Sounds like a combination of idiocy and Tequila.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Considering it was late at night at a party, it could have been a plate carrier with no armor in it or one of those tactical vests. However, I would think the police would realize a tactical vest was not body armor.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Vic sounds like a candidate for the Darwin awards.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

To paraphrase several people: Stupid is as Stupid does.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

rocxylemmon

Post by rocxylemmon »

All these responses are just funny like guy puts on bullet proof vest at a party, what could go wrong? lol... smh... I would not condone this at any party and I don't care friend or not I would talk the guy out of it or just leave the party cause that's just plain stupid.

Thank god all my friends are family people and know that this is something we teach our kids not to do.

Return to “Never Again!!”