NV: 16 year old dies playing Russian roulette

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

NV: 16 year old dies playing Russian roulette

Post by philip964 »

Las Vegas teen, 16, dies during game of 'Russian roulette' in abandoned home - Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/13/la ... -home.html

So who let a teen have independent use of a gun?

Charges?

TreyHouston

Re: NV: 16 year old dies playing Russian roulette

Post by TreyHouston »

Remember that car that was broken into and the gun was stolen outside of that "No Guns Allowed" restaurant? The one where criminals hide and watch because they know citizens follow the law? Ya, I'm sure it probably came from there.

That's our law makers keeping up safe! :???:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Natural selection at it's finest. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes..
NRA Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I was 16.

Would I have involved myself into something so foolish?

No.

Pity, reserved for the family only...for the dopey kid, none.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

It is really sad that kids today think they are invincible. They have no concept of their mortality and a significant reduction in their morality.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

BBYC

Post by BBYC »

Mueller wants 25 blank subpoenas to investigate the Russian connection to Trump.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

OneGun wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:15 am It is really sad that kids today think they are invincible. They have no concept of their mortality and a significant reduction in their morality.
It is sad, kids today are constantly numbed towards life and mortality even further with all that goes on in their tiny little bubbles. I bet however the other kids involved in this are WELL aware of mortality.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

Odinvalknir wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:15 pm
OneGun wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:15 am It is really sad that kids today think they are invincible. They have no concept of their mortality and a significant reduction in their morality.
It is sad, kids today are constantly numbed towards life and mortality even further with all that goes on in their tiny little bubbles. I bet however the other kids involved in this are WELL aware of mortality.
Kids lacking an understanding of their own mortality is nothing new. I distinctly remember being immortal and invulnerable. Late teens and early twenties especially, 1960s & 70s. I'm raising my boys with a thorough understanding of risk analysis and the rules of stupid.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

We were once young and bullet proof but we still had 100 times more common sense than they do today! And I work at a Texas Public School!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Noggin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Noggin »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:14 pm
Kids lacking an understanding of their own mortality is nothing new. I distinctly remember being immortal and invulnerable. Late teens and early twenties especially, 1960s & 70s. I'm raising my boys with a thorough understanding of risk analysis and the rules of stupid.
I don't think I ever thought I was invincible when I was in my teens but of course my generation was one of the last that grew up in a time before you could "Load Saved Game". I sometimes wonder if modern kids forget that in real life you cannot go back to the last save point.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Noggin wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 pm
oljames3 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:14 pm
I don't think I ever thought I was invincible when I was in my teens but of course my generation was one of the last that grew up in a time before you could "Load Saved Game". I sometimes wonder if modern kids forget that in real life you cannot go back to the last save point.
Interesting, Noggin. Do you think this is individual or more an expression of cultural differences between our native countries? I did not see a video game until I was attending the US Army's Field Artillery Officer Advanced Course in 1981.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I wonder how much their decision making was impaired by recreational drugs? If I were dictator, one of the first things I would do is publicize the involvement of drugs in every crime.

I'm sad for the family.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Noggin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Noggin »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:27 am
Interesting, Noggin. Do you think this is individual or more an expression of cultural differences between our native countries? I did not see a video game until I was attending the US Army's Field Artillery Officer Advanced Course in 1981.
I can rmember playing pong in an arcade back in 73 and Space Invaders built into a table in a Pub in 79 but I think the first time I ever played on an early primitive home console was in 81. The UK Army was very slow into introduce computers. The Royal Artillery had their FACE system back in the 70s see below.

Also the Army Pay Corps had and IBM based payroll system but that was just about all there was back then. In the 80s PCs began to appear in ad hoc standalone roles but it was not until the 90s that proper network systems began to appear.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

No sympathy for the self inflicted . . .
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

Noggin wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 pmThe UK Army was very slow into introduce computers. The Royal Artillery had their FACE system back in the 70s see below.
. . . but the date shows 1967?
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Return to “Never Again!!”