Lack of situational awareness + no plan to act

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 1

Lack of situational awareness + no plan to act

Post by E.Marquez »

Even those who have made a decision to not carry a firearm for personal protection need to consider the what if's and have a plan in mind.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Texas_Blaze

Re: Lack of situational awareness + no plan to act

Post by Texas_Blaze »

Don’t know why the farther went back to record with his cell phone. You got your kids, now get your tail inside, and call the police. That made no sense to me. He almost was murdered.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Texas_Blaze wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:17 pm Don’t know why the farther went back to record with his cell phone. You got your kids, now get your tail inside, and call the police. That made no sense to me. He almost was murdered.
I thought the same thing. Cell phones have turned an entire generation into morons. I would bet everything that if he would have not had a cell phone that videos, he would not have whipped out the home video camera and gone back outside. Just think of how many hits a video of him getting himself shot would have gotten on you tube. :coolgleamA:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

The gun incident not withstanding, why were the unlicensed kids riding unlicensed motor vehicles in a city street? :banghead:

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

In total I saw I four people acting stupidly, just to different degrees.

1. Kids should NOT be riding motorized vehicles on a public street.
2. Aggressor should NOT be out there accosting the kids, should have called LEO.
3. 'Dad' should have quickly gathered up the kids and gone HOME! He dang near learned a very hard lesson.

Bottom line: LOTS of poor decision making on that street.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:32 pm
Texas_Blaze wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:17 pm Don’t know why the farther went back to record with his cell phone. You got your kids, now get your tail inside, and call the police. That made no sense to me. He almost was murdered.
I thought the same thing. Cell phones have turned an entire generation into morons. I would bet everything that if he would have not had a cell phone that videos, he would not have whipped out the home video camera and gone back outside. Just think of how many hits a video of him getting himself shot would have gotten on you tube. :coolgleamA:
I also suspect that dad is not someone who carries a firearm himself. I don’t say that because of cellphone, but because he wasn’t thinking tactically......not even wrongly tactically. It seems to me that someone experienced in carrying a gun would probably not have gone back out there in the first place; but if he was dumb enough to go back out there, that he’d have at least brought along a gun of his own.

This dad believed in the power of the cellphone as a shield against a pistol. A gun guy would have known better and brought a gun along. A SMART gun guy would have stayed inside with his kids and used the cellphone to call police. Instead, the NEIGHBORS called the police.

Dad must have lost his mind.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:34 pm
I also suspect that dad is not someone who carries a firearm himself. I don’t say that because of cellphone, but because he wasn’t thinking tactically......not even wrongly tactically. It seems to me that someone experienced in carrying a gun would probably not have gone back out there in the first place; but if he was dumb enough to go back out there, that he’d have at least brought along a gun of his own.

This dad believed in the power of the cellphone as a shield against a pistol. A gun guy would have known better and brought a gun along. A SMART gun guy would have stayed inside with his kids and used the cellphone to call police. Instead, the NEIGHBORS called the police.

:iagree:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

flintknapper wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:22 pm In total I saw I four people acting stupidly, just to different degrees.

1. Kids should NOT be riding motorized vehicles on a public street.
2. Aggressor should NOT be out there accosting the kids, should have called LEO.
3. 'Dad' should have quickly gathered up the kids and gone HOME! He dang near learned a very hard lesson.

Bottom line: LOTS of poor decision making on that street.
:iagree: wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

C'mon TAM, you know better than underestimate the stupidity of people. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

C-dub wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:04 pm

C'mon TAM, you know better than underestimate the stupidity of people. :biggrinjester:
I didn’t forget. I’m usually disappointed....in a good way....if someone isn’t stupid—since stupid is what I expect these days.

It’s why I’m so annoyed the rest of the time. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:18 pm
C-dub wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:04 pm

I didn’t forget. I’m usually disappointed....in a good way....if someone isn’t stupid—since stupid is what I expect these days.

It’s why I’m so annoyed the rest of the time. :lol:
There are a LOT of people that get up each morning and eat a big bowl of 'stupid'.

We just have to be aware of that.

I have a brother-in-law (regrettably) that has an insatiable appetite for it.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

Does anybody have any follow-up information? Was the assailant charged with attempted murder
The shooter, RIchard Lindem, was charged with 3rd degree felony child abuse, aggravated assault, and discharging a firearm. He was heavily intoxicated when arrested.

Interestingly, the father was interviewed on camera, and stated that he was advancing toward Lindem intending to kick his butt - I wonder if Lindem's defense will be able to do anything with that statement? I wouldn't think so, but, I'm no laywer.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Small of back carry AND Weaver stance? Dude has issues.

03Lightningrocks

RSX11 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:29 pm
Does anybody have any follow-up information? Was the assailant charged with attempted murder
The shooter, RIchard Lindem, was charged with 3rd degree felony child abuse, aggravated assault, and discharging a firearm. He was heavily intoxicated when arrested.

Interestingly, the father was interviewed on camera, and stated that he was advancing toward Lindem intending to kick his butt - I wonder if Lindem's defense will be able to do anything with that statement? I wouldn't think so, but, I'm no laywer.
I wonder why they left off attempted murder?

Return to “Never Again!!”