Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

CO: Grandfather mistakenly shot and killed by police after he killed intruder

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cops-shoo ... t-intruder

This is from 2018.

As police arrived they heard gunshots. Enter the home and found a man with a gun the homeowner.

It is very important that after the police have been called that a homeowner must make sure he is identified as a good guy.

I’m not sure exactly how and I am sure it is not immediately on your mind after defending your home, but it is very important.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CO: Grandfather mistakenly shot and killed by police after he killed intruder

Post by chasfm11 »

My fear has always been that, in the heat of the moment, the police arrive before I'm prepared for that arrival. Time can standstill in an emergency, I was witness to a school girl being hit by a school bus. The ambulance seems to arrive instantly but it had taken several minutes for that to happen. I'm rightly worried that in the heat of the moment, I don't have the chance to respond to office directions - just like Erik Scott. I have a problem with police procedures if they have the effect of shooting people and sorting it out later. Atatinna Jefferson comes to mind.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Never Again!!”