ND - some blood

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: ND - some blood

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm People asked and he said he wouldn't need surgery - dude got VERY lucky.
Just two band-aids and some antibiotics will suffice, I guess. When I was in the hospital suffering a gunshot wound myself,long ago, my family doctor told me about a soldier with a GSW he treated during WWII. The soldier had committed some serious crimes and had escaped. He was shot by an MP with a .45 in buttocks, as Forrest would say. It went through and through and hit nothing vital. He said he applied two band-aids, front and back and they took him back to the stockade.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

puma guy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:14 pm
AndyC wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm People asked and he said he wouldn't need surgery - dude got VERY lucky.
Just two band-aids and some antibiotics will suffice, I guess. When I was in the hospital suffering a gunshot wound myself,long ago, my family doctor told me about a soldier with a GSW he treated during WWII. The soldier had committed some serious crimes and had escaped. He was shot by an MP with a .45 in buttocks, as Forrest would say. It went through and through and hit nothing vital. He said he applied two band-aids, front and back and they took him back to the stockade.
Her husband came home early? :biggrinjester: Seriously though. Do tell the short version. Who shot you? Where at? Glad you survived. That is one experience I don't care to ever have.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:41 pm
Her husband came home early? :biggrinjester: Seriously though. Do tell the short version. Who shot you? Where at? Glad you survived. That is one experience I don't care to ever have.
I think I told the story here, but I can't remember for sure. Short version: 1966, Johnson City Texas, on property close to LBJ ranch while he was there. Ruger Super Single-six W/.22 LR HP in all 6 chambers (a no-no for the old style SA, but I was young and invincible). Holster on jeans belt, I undid my belt for the call of nature and it slipped off, hammer hit rock, bullet hit belly and bounced around my abdomen. I was a real curiosity there in the hospital for 9 days. :lol:

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

puma guy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:23 pm
I think I told the story here, but I can't remember for sure. Short version: 1966, Johnson City Texas, on property close to LBJ ranch while he was there. Ruger Super Single-six W/.22 LR HP in all 6 chambers (a no-no for the old style SA, but I was young and invincible). Holster on jeans belt, I undid my belt for the call of nature and it slipped off, hammer hit rock, bullet hit belly and bounced around my abdomen. I was a real curiosity there in the hospital for 9 days. :lol:
You got lucky it did not cause permanent damage. Wow!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:19 pm
puma guy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:23 pm
You got lucky it did not cause permanent damage. Wow!
Yes, I was. The small hospital in Johnson City had trauma treatment capability because the doctor's wife died as the result of a car accident and died at the hospital where she was transported; due to her injuries and their limited ability to treat her. The nurses told me he vowed he would equip his hospital with the latest and best equipment. I got an obstruction from adhesions about a week and a half after I returned home and spent week in the hospital; that's where my family doctor told me his story. BTW both the Johnson City Hospital and the one I was admitted to in Pasadena and both doctors are long gone. They were both tremendous physicians and surgeons.

A while back my younger brother who lives in our parents house found a letter the JC doc wrote to our insurance company that was refusing to cover my medical treatment and surgery.

Return to “Never Again!!”